Active Topics

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Guys!!

I'm facing a big problem... My battery barely lasts through the day and I need to recharge it by 5 pm. I have no desktop widgets running at the moment and I don't use the phone on wi-fi at all. It only runs on Edge cellular data connection (2.5 G) and I use it for some browsing (mainly this forum, say an hour). The call duration is also not very high - probably half an hour in all. Add to that some texting and 30 minutes of music.. and that should sum it all.

I observed it using the Battery Eye application today and saw that the battery continuously keeps dying even if I'm not using the phone actively.

I'm using the PR 1.1.1. The only reason I could think of is that I have tried out a lot of apps from testing and devel, but have uninstalled them now. I'm not sure if something hasn't been removed and is still eating the battery.

Can someone help please!!!
Attached Images

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Do a search for 'battery problem'.
Registered Linux user #266531.

do top and see if 'pulseaudio' process is running. There's a bug that causes that process to use CPU continously after phone calls. Hope it is really fixed in the next firmware... nice to see Nokia QA(+300 beta testers) didn't find it until recently