Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Thanks for the reports, sorodoros. I haven't spent much time troubleshooting/fixing these as I have been focusing for a while on re-working that part of the program, including the read/unread tracking, in particular to add image caching. I should have something out in the next few days.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Slocan, thanks for improvements.
One think what bothers me is when you have N900 browser opened and you click "Open in browser" from Feedingit, it uses the same window which was opened. Would be better if it opened in new window.

Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
Slocan, thanks for improvements.
One think what bothers me is when you have N900 browser opened and you click "Open in browser" from Feedingit, it uses the same window which was opened. Would be better if it opened in new window.
Spent a bit of time on this this week-end, and next version opens a new window again (and I think it finally works with browser-switchboard).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Another dev version in extras-devel, 0.5.3-4, which brings the read/unread improvement, image caching, and finally disables text selection in articles (credit goes to Pauli Virtanen).

Image caching is off by default, but you can enable it in the Preferences menu. It will download the images from each article to /home/user/.feedingi/ (more data to download, so updates take longer).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the nice app.

But, after I updated to 0.5.4 version today, it cannot update feeds now.
Nothing changed after update progress, and no error message.

Anyone else had this problem?

works fine for me, only old feeds cant be opend anymore, a file not found error (i have enabled caching)
but this will resolve itself when time passes and i only have new feeds

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jcompagner View Post
works fine for me, only old feeds cant be opend anymore, a file not found error (i have enabled caching)
but this will resolve itself when time passes and i only have new feeds
I tried just now, and it works, could be other problems.
Sorry for that

I uploaded 0.5.4-2 to -devel and -testing. So, far the only comment I got on the testing page ( http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...ingit/0.5.4-2/ ) is that portrait mode doesn't work, and feeds do not show titles in the listing. Anyone else experiencing that who could provide more details?

The "file not found" message is indeed very inelegant indeed, but only temporary while old articles are around. To get rid of them, export the feed list, delete all the feeds, and re-import the list.

i dont see any change in the portrait mode then it was before
it does have 2 problems that i reported before

1. when keyboard is slided out it should always be in landscape (phone and browser for example also work like that and it is handy to force it in landscape)

2. if i am in portrait and i click on a or the link of a message to open it in the browser and the page is wider then what i cand display, so to read it i need to scroll horizontally, i want to swipe to the left but then it can be that i go to the next message or nothing happens (goint to next or previous message doesnt work consistenly when in the browser). i would say that first it needs to scroll the webpage on left/right swiping and when it is at the end or beginnng then that extra swipe can go to then next or previous message

The Following User Says Thank You to jcompagner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Tried out the new version from testing, works fine so far. But there are some points which could be improved IMHO:

- as noted by jcompanger, left/right swipe is sometimes not responding on the first try, compared to 0.4.4. where it worked right
- clicking links in the article opens them in FeedingIt, I would like them to open them in the browser (make this configurable maybe?)
- the force landscape by open keyboard functionality would be nice too

PS.: thanks for your continued effort to make this program better!

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post: