Posts: 308 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Turkiye
all the pages are gone
can somebody explain how to get this working on n810? please

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hilversum
I've installed libesd on my N900 and I get connection errors to ESD on BasiliskII's startup... any help?

What exact version did you use and what exact error message did you get?

Did anyone already succeed in running basilisk on n900? If so, with what version / binary of it, what size of rom file, what macos system version and what preferences?

I have tried 4 binaries mentioned above:
build 0.3 of t3h:
http://gm.stackunderflow.com/maemo/b...ary_0.3.tar.gz = http://cid-de1b8fbb27739ebd.skydrive...%5E_0.3.tar.gz
as well as unique311's
basilsSDL.zip , BasiliskIIGTK.tar.gz and BasiliskIIGS.tar.gz
from
http://cid-de1b8fbb27739ebd.skydrive...y%5E_unique311
(note that on this live.com account you can also find numerous sources of basilisk) (also available on http://www.divshare.com/download/798362-bf8 , http://www.divshare.com/download/798033-e5d )

on all 4 versions i get
ERROR: Cannot create 60Hz thread (Success).
in the end

with the last 3 versions from unique311 i get this (inbetween of video_open() and video_close()) as well as initially
ERROR: Cannot install SIGSEGV handler (Success).

i would very very much appreciate any help on the matter. thank you very much.

Last edited by caze; 2010-03-22 at 20:07.

I've actually got a N900 on it's way to me as we speak. I'll take a look at this when it arrives.

It might actually run more usably this time around...

Thanks Cage for emailing me.

thank you very much for your prompt and kind reply, t3h. i am already eagerly looking forward to getting this sorted out. you trying it on the actual device might prove more convenient than in the sdk, i hope.

by the way, the GS build with the nice GUI has never been updated with the meanwhile applied patches, right? is there any chance of combining the features of the several builds currently existing? do you know which code difference accounts for what above is reported concerning printtopdf not working in most builds, but in osemutech's?

and do you happen to have saved a copy of the howto of osemutech's site? is there relevant information concerning NIT? (if rather not, i would not actually need it myself, i suppose, as basilisk is already running very fine on other operating systems for me.)

but as basilisk is currently not working in my n900, i have not messed with all those keyboard customization in this threads and the ones this links to yet. it would be very nice if you could summarize which of these is really needed after all.

thanks a lot for all this lot in advance already

I'm currently playing with the source in the Maemo 5 SDK. Expect something soon.

Also for anyone attempting to download the old packages, my server has been down for a day or so - my ADSL connection has been misbehaving, and the exchange has only just been fixed.

Last edited by t3h; 2010-03-30 at 11:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post:
Ok, I've got something going.

ESD sound is not compiled into this build, the N900 uses PulseAudio instead. I'll get it behaving later. I haven't tested my hildonized fullscreen yet...

It's compiled with the arm7 compiler in the Maemo SDK, and I should be able to apply some additional optimisations later.

Also it's just the binary, I'll have to make it more user-friendly later. And make it smaller.

Binary
Source

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Thanks t3h. I was wondering if you could have a look at the idle powersaving patches? (sleeping when the 68k is idle)
I once managed to merge them with the previous Diablo unpackaged port, but I think I lost the patched source.... If I find the time I'll try to do that again.

Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
Thanks t3h. I was wondering if you could have a look at the idle powersaving patches? (sleeping when the 68k is idle)
I once managed to merge them with the previous Diablo unpackaged port, but I think I lost the patched source.... If I find the time I'll try to do that again.
If you can find the patched source, i can diff it and see what changed. Also, fullscreen doesn't behave on Maemo 5 yet, will have to fix that. And the screen size needs adjusting...

Edit: fullscreen does work. --fullscreen true, not --fullscreen. I may just make it enabled all the time - as there's now no fullscreen button like on the old Maemo, and you can still ctrl-backspace to swap to another app. I won't implement the "button in corner to un-fullscreen" thing - the corners are important in MacOS.

This is how you should be launching it... or how I do anyway.
./BasiliskII --rom quadra650.rom --disk b2_sevenpointone.img --fullscreen true --screen win/800/480

The screen updates can probably be made faster now that we have OpenGL ES to play with (make the screen an opengl surface?)
Also need to remap ctrl to cmd, and/or make a custom Maemo keyboard layout for the emulated Mac in ResEdit.

Last edited by t3h; 2010-03-31 at 02:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caze View Post
Did anyone already succeed in running basilisk on n900? If so, with what version / binary of it, what size of rom file, what macos system version and what preferences?
The t3h diablo binary appears to run ok on the N900. I am using a Quadra 650 ROM (1 MB), MacOS 7.5.5. But to run, you do need to first install Fremantle's pulseudio libraries: "apt-get install libesd0" from the extras repository -- it's a minimal implementation of pulseaudio for GPE but seems to work with Basilisk. Next challenge is to configure an appropiate keyboard configuration for Basilisk.

Anyway, t3h is back and he's working on native Fremantle binaries and other mods... Basilisk lives on!!!

--denis