Notices

Ever since I upgraded to the newest firmware the browser passsword saving acts differently. For instance with Facebook i have to enter my email address first then the password will appear. Even with the 'keep me logged in' box checked it still wont log me in automatically.

On a forum i use a lot; once im onto the login page my user name and password are there straight away but i still have to press login.

If i go back and forth between the sites on the same browser session i stay logged in. If i close it and open a new one I'm logged out.

As far as i can see i have the browser settings correct.

This is really annoying so any help is appreciated.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Los Angeles
Afraid that I don't have any help to offer... Just chiming in to say that I have the same problem since the last update.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I do have the same problem, hopefully it will be fixed in PR1.2.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
You can try to revert MicroB back to defaults and see if it still occurs. To do so, close all browser instances start xterm and type:

Code:
mv ~/.mozilla/microb ~/.mozilla/backup_microb
reboot
After the reboot MicroB will rebuild with its default settings cleared of all user data. If the browser still behaves as it shouldn't (I haven't really noticed, I don't use FB and I don't have problems on other sites), you can report a bug at Bugzilla and revert back your original settings by closing all browser instances again and typing in xterm:

Code:
rm -rf ~/.mozilla/microb
mv ~/.mozilla/backup_microb ~/.mozilla/microb
reboot
After the reboot MicroB should be as it was prior to first 'reverting' to defaults.

If the MicroB behaves nicely after clearing it up, but you don't want to loose your settings, saved passwords and etc. you can still revert back to the original settings and live with it, but if you want to keep using like that you can remove the backup of the old settings previously created by typing in xterm:

Code:
rm -rf ~/.mozilla/backup_microb
Hope it helps...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Only just noticed the reply, i will try this later and report back on the outcome.

I sort of have a work around now (bookmarking login pages), but it still wont automatically login.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Did anyone test zwers suggestion? I have the same problem.

I'm not logged on automatically on any sites I have my password saved (Flickr, youtube, talk.maemo).

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Confirmed.

The xterminal command worked for me.

mv ~/.mozilla/microb ~/.mozilla/backup_microb
reboot

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
@zwer:

to tell you, i dont really have troubles with the password saving: but those codes helped a lot . thanks

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Tags
microb password