Notices

Originally Posted by epage View Post
THis description I get always confuses me and I've never seen this.

Pictures would be beneficial to step through this weird process you have.

Also, for others reading this, is this a contact you merged or manually added a GV field to?
For this friend, I merged the GV info into his contact profile. Though for others I add the GV field. If you add a GV field only one GV field (before your recent change that enabled GV to use the regular phone numbers instead of the ones on the server) then only one will show up. Clicking that will cause what my pictures show will happen and then you'll have two fields (one for call and one for SMS).

I don't mind having the duplicate fields, it's a slight annoyance that I can deal with for the functionality TOR provides. The annoyance being now I have so many fields for starting a Google Voice call lol.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Not sure what the problem is: GV or Sipgate on my N900. The process of making a GV call and calling back on my SIP is okay via the integrated contacts. However, the problem is that after (roughly) a minute and half, I am not able to hear the other party anymore. The call is still active just no audio. Is anyone experiencing this? Thanks.

Disregard. The problem is with my router.

Last edited by jcg81; 2010-03-19 at 06:14.

I updated from extra devel today and now my gv account no longer connects. Strangely, it doesn't show disconnected either. In accounts, it is listed as enabled, but when i open it, there is no field to enter the user name. when i click the google voice call button from a contact, it prompts me to select a gv account, and lists my normal gv email address, but when i select it, it reports "error, your account must be online" or some message along those lines.

Help?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by bocaJ View Post
I updated from extra devel today and now my gv account no longer connects. Strangely, it doesn't show disconnected either. In accounts, it is listed as enabled, but when i open it, there is no field to enter the user name. when i click the google voice call button from a contact, it prompts me to select a gv account, and lists my normal gv email address, but when i select it, it reports "error, your account must be online" or some message along those lines.

Help?
Somewhere further back in the thread, the latest version breaks from the old version, uninstall, reboot, re-install new version, you should be ok then.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Somewhere further back in the thread, the latest version breaks from the old version, uninstall, reboot, re-install new version, you should be ok then.
To add to this you need to delete your old account (uninstalls don't do that).

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Google Voice just added an instant notifications for messages and voicemails to their Android client. I wonder if it's possible to reverse-engineer the API to add it to TOR?

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/03/2...id-lot-faster/

Originally Posted by denix View Post
Google Voice just added an instant notifications for messages and voicemails to their Android client. I wonder if it's possible to reverse-engineer the API to add it to TOR?

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2010/03/2...id-lot-faster/
I really wish they would get an API going...

If anyone has an android device, could you sniff your traffic and figure out the API for me

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
Hi,

I have the last version (0.8.7).
I can connect without any problem but when I try to make a call from my contact list, using "call through google voice", i get the following message: "unable to establish connection".

I have no problem when I use Dial Central.

Also, what are we supposed to enter in the "forward" field in the advanced settings? So far I entered my cell phone number I want to get the callback to.

Thanks for your help.

Originally Posted by jujuinla View Post
Hi,

I have the last version (0.8.7).
I can connect without any problem but when I try to make a call from my contact list, using "call through google voice", i get the following message: "unable to establish connection".

I have no problem when I use Dial Central.

Also, what are we supposed to enter in the "forward" field in the advanced settings? So far I entered my cell phone number I want to get the callback to.

Thanks for your help.
Could you provide a log file? It is found at "~/.telepathy-theonering/theonering.log"

That is correct. You can enter your cell's number in the forward field.

For those wondering. I've taken a week or two break to get multilist available since there had been some requests for it and I'm familiar with other code from the same original developer.

I've been working on making TOR more responsive to RTComm which should completely remove all reconnect issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5