Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Big turn off for me is that the map updates are not free. I have to pay €59 for the program which Nokia will (hopefully soon) offer for free, then pay for map updates which Nokia will offer for free.

Hmmm. Wait and see what Nokia does and then come back to this if absolutely necessary.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
Unfortunately I have to report that this application lags BADLY behind the actual position. I have seen it do the same on my colleague's WinCE device and also on my friend's 5800. Actually, it is better on the 5800 - side by side I had 22m accuracy and he had 11m.

Disappointing, to say the least. Ovi Maps is spot on on the 5800 so it can be done and the problem is the software...
Try it on a few more journeys. I noted this a couple of times when I first started testing but I think in the end it was down to the gps getting a little lost.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Big turn off for me is that the map updates are not free. I have to pay €59 for the program which Nokia will (hopefully soon) offer for free, then pay for map updates which Nokia will offer for free.

Hmmm. Wait and see what Nokia does and then come back to this if absolutely necessary.

true, if you dont need turn by turn navigation don't buy this

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Anyone allready tried to buy giving a VAT number?

I get: "Unable to check the VAT. Service is unavailable!"

And I don't like to pay taxes, just for fun.

well if ur not ina rush for turn by turn then wait for nokia maps to be updated

Ok installed and working.

GPS accuracy is really good 20yds indoors, n97 is showing 40 - 100m!

I have setup an extrat desktop file for full screen, really good for portrait , is there any way to get to another app from full screen?

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney Australia
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
Sygic on my N900 rocks! Now I just need Brazil maps for my trip during the world cup

Um if it is the soccer world cup you are referring to then I hate to tell you but Brazil is not South Africa.

Never mind your Sygic quick get that plane trip changed - you are after a ticket to Johannesburg.

Also I dont think sygic has maps of South Africa at all - not on N900 or any other platform they support.

Originally Posted by moerderameise View Post
Hi all
I installed Sygic and it runs fine. Only problem is:
I have a BT device in my car and when the N900 is connected i can't hear the voice of the Navi. But it needs to be connected when i get a call
So is there any way to fix it? Sorry if it has already been discussed, but the thread is so big, didn't find anything about that.
its fine on my BT head unit. the satnav voice cuts in and the music stops, music continues when voice stops.

this worked on BT, FM and using the 3.5mm jack.

this all works with music player and satnav running in the background or either maximized.

i was impressed!

just to clear up

it clearly says here that malta is not supported on maemo :-)

http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/maps.html

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
just to clear up

it clearly says here that malta is not supported on maemo :-)

http://www.sygic.com/index.php/en/maps.html
dont worry you can use the previous maps, I got it working with North American maps..

its working excelent!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to badstraw For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn