Notices

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ athens/greece
ok, enough with every idiot that says there is a map loader for N900. there is NO map loader for N900. there is only one version avcailable at this time 3.0.28 around the whole world and it does NOT support N900. you are trying to increase the visit rate of your blog with fake news?

lol.
The newest map loader is working fine with the N900.

write down your version. cause 3.0.28 does not work.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Despite I don't like the tone of OPs post, I have to agree, that the newest maploader does not work with my N900 and Vista. But maybe that's because I dont have a memory card in my device.

well i have memory card..actually bought it for this reason..doesnt work in vista, xp or windows 7. i get the usual annoying message. connected to mass storage, please connect it via pc suite and vice versa. lol

Did you rename the .qf file?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by el3ctronick View Post
write down your version. cause 3.0.28 does not work.
Isnīt that a bit contradictory to what you said above?
You stated that there is only one version available in the whole world but you ask for different a version number?

I can assure you that I have downloaded the version which was latest approx. 3 weeks ago with which I installed 2 GB of maps 5 days ago on a N900.

So instead of bashing others I suggest you politely tell what you tried and others will try to help you out to get it working. I believe this is fair enough.

why do i have to rename and do stuff manually?? i can also copy and paste files in the phone memory and make some other applications work. thats not the proper way.
sorry ofels, the application is failing completely. the proper way is to install the program, run it, connect the phone and then the application is supposed to read it. it doesnt. the application is not working. nothing changed.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by el3ctronick View Post
why do i have to rename and do stuff manually?? i can also copy and paste files in the phone memory and make some other applications work. thats not the proper way.
sorry ofels, the application is failing completely. the proper way is to install the program, run it, connect the phone and then the application is supposed to read it. it doesnt. the application is not working. nothing changed.
Not quite sure what you are doing but I have it working fine on Vista 64bit. If I use the bluetooth and download loads it sometimes looses the link but with USB is fine. I didn't have to fiddle about just connect the N900 with USB in PC Suite mode and then wait for PC Suite to find the phone, then invoke the map loader from PC Suite, (not the stand alone version) and then go make a cuppa whilst the download happens.

Version 3.0.28.0 works for me.

Once I installed this Maploader, I'll have two maploaders:
1. PCSuite maploader works with both N900 and my other E90.
2. Ovimaps only works for E90. OVI can't pair with N900, nothing new here.

Comparison between the two:
Ovimaps can read device memory and display what maps already loaded in the phone.
PCSuite just loads the map, it can't read from device.

My suggestion to you:
- Start OVI maps at least once, to build the 'cities' directory in the new memory card.
- Reconnect phone to PC, PCSuite mode. Run the Maploader again.

Last edited by alexei; 2010-03-18 at 22:46.