Active Topics

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Like the title says. Obvious use would be the volume keys for media players.

The Following User Says Thank You to qw3rty For This Useful Post:
When the device is locked, the pressing any of the hardware keys does not generate an interrupt, so I do not think it is possible without quite a lot of changes.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

I imagined there'd be some good reason why it hadn't happen yet, but it is still disheartening to hear that.

How about creating an alternative "lock screen"? I know it is possible to change the behaviour of the lock keys, could they be used to trigger some other lock-type state which we could have more control over? Or would that just end up being the same amount of work?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
It's fixed for at least volume, so it should work with 1.2?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
This is not when the screen is locked, but actually when you press power while screen is locked, and there is the "slide to unlock" screen. At this time all keys are active.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Oh.

Well, isn't that kind of the plan, only allow device to come alive by slide (can't be sat on) and power button (hard to push in unintentionally)? Having volume and camera buttons work while locked could mean never-sleep-in-pocket N900.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Volume keys are equally hard to push. And if the N900 is playing music then it's not really asleep. Most music phones/mp3 players work just like that, they allow you to use the hardware keys to change volume/skip tracks/etc even if the device is locked. Since it doesn't sound that much of a technical difficulty, you would expect the N900 to be capable of that.

But I guess "power button -> what actually matters" isn't that bad. Here's hoping 1.2 comes soon.