Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
I know, it sounds a bit weird and I hope I didn't oversee an existing thread for that subject. I really used the (forum-)search!

I wonder if it is possible in any way to get the following to work: when having a shortcut to a contact on the desktop this shortcut opens up a more or less useful detail view of this contact. When accessing the contact via contatct manager I have the possibility to view the communication history for that contact, which I personally find extremely useful! Now I would like to be able to open this one also when accessing the contact via shortcut. But in this view there is no appriopriate link to the communication history. Is this by design, or just forgotten or maybe is there another type of shortcut to reach this list?

I'm not talking about the conversations which are accessible via widget for example.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I agree this would be useful. In general, it would be good to be able to launch the full Contacts app from a desktop contact shortcut, maybe by clicking on the avatar image in the dialogue, ending up in the view of that contact. That way you could gain access not just to the communication history, but also edit the contact, delete it, and so on.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post: