Active Topics

Since I've been using my N900 I've had no serious problems. The OMWeather widget seems to restart my desktop when I change its settings, media widget needs resetting once in a while, and there's a trick to calibrating the screen just right, but that's it. It's been ROCK...SOLID...STABLE. And I'm not playing it safe. I have the cifs kernel module installed, wifi and cell switcher installed, a modded keyboard map and other modded system files, and apps from -testing and -devel installed, but I cannot get this thing to give trouble. No random reboots, reboot loops, unusual battery draining, file system issues, or loose USB port (although the first thing I did after opening the box was file down the hooks on the connectors).

Now the N900 is supposed to catch fire, kill my dog and turn me into a newt. Am I just lucky or what?

*Jinxes self *

Neah, I don't have any real issues either. Only problem I have is with Nokia Maps doing an insane amount of traffic in roaming on startup. Even with net positioning disabled. That has killed about 80EUR for me :P

i havent had any problems either... once after like 6 days of not turning it off it needed a restart. but that's it. i only have like 2 programs from extras-devel installed though. fmms is one of them.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Isn't it nice when people say nice things about the n900!

It makes a change from all the moaning in the forum recently.

I'm really happy with my n900. It still has the original firmware (Dec 09) and maemo 5 seems to be running just fine.

I've got a few apps installed and I use it daily - I can also program the n900 directly with Python.

It's worth every penny.

(I'm looking forward to the 1.2 firmware update - it's going to solve the financial crisis.
I can't wait for MeeGo - it will make the n900 really useful, apparently it is going to solve all our energy needs and bring peace on earth for all mankind)

Last edited by johnel; 2010-03-17 at 14:54.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
Isn't it nice when people say nice things about the n900!
exactly!

million thanks to OP and other contributors!
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
exactly!

million thanks to OP and other contributors!
Me too. I love my N900. It allows me to modify "feel and look" of the device with the help of contributors. MicroB Browser is great with its zooming and its quickest to launch. Thanks

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
No complaints or problems here either. On the whole does what it needs to for me and does it ever so well ever so stable.

There's the obvious improvements such as, Ovi/PC suite compatibility, Improved Nokia Maps, Integrated MMS and landscape/portrait which, fingers crossed, will arrive at some point.

Beyond that there's little nice to have further customisation tweeks desired. No doubt individual preferances and annoyances will exist around the latter but nothing i'm going to loose sleep over.

- Astute

Last edited by Astute; 2010-03-17 at 17:32.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
This is the best thread ever. I have not had any issues that I have not created for myself. I love the phone, and it works exactly as I have expected it to. I have taken hundred of pictures and videos, listen to lots of music, and most certainly have put it through the paces. Short of a little lingering fear over the USB port issue (hey I am a slightly pessimistic person) I love it, and don't regret the purchase for one single second. With time (like the N800 did) it only gets better.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
No problems at all. Would like an updated OviMaps and then it would be PERFECT for me.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by thorbo View Post
With time (like the N800 did) it only gets better.
I think the great thing about this device is that every day I have it there is improvement. I signed on knowing what to expect but it definitely exceeded expectations.

The google tools that I couldn't get working when I first got it, syncing with google calendar and email at the same time reliably and google maps are now fixed using a combination of Erminig and Nokia messaging. I use the mobile google maps version (remember that you can scroll if you use mouse hover mode!) which does a great job of giving me the transit times here in NYC and is as functional as the standalone app I used to have on my 5800xm. All in all no complaints no problems.