Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Andre, thanks for your work.

PR 1.2 must be such an interesting update considering my inbox has nearly overflown with a lot of new target=pr 1.2 bugzilla messages! Good news!

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._packages-002/ ?
Yes, the most of us know this Brainstorm. Thank you Andre.

It's one of the leader of every brainstorm statistic. But what happened? It's there since 4 Month. And what has changed?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
As I also received a message from bugzilla for setting the target to PR1.2 I think this means that Nokia already knows what will be included in the update and what won't make it. Which should mean that the update is pretty close to release
I've just made a quick search against the PR1.2 milestone and the PR1.1 (2.2009.51-1) in the bugzilla. Here are the stats by severity

PR1.1 (TOTAL - 186)
  • BLOCKER - 2
  • CRITICAL - 9
  • MAJOR - 22
  • NORMAL - 118
  • MINOR - 32
  • ENHANCEMENT - 11

PR1.2 ( TOTAL - 292)
  • BLOCKER - 3
  • CRITICAL - 13
  • MAJOR - 26
  • NORMAL - 190
  • MINOR - 51
  • ENHANCEMENT - 19

So If we believe bugzilla at least for me this means that PR1.2 will be bigger in terms of stability/improvements, but not new features.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Poland
So, if PR1.2 won't make OVI Maps usable and Sygic app will be still on hold than I'll simply say - F*** Nokia and their customer care policy.

How could they sell a device for 500 and not to support it's hardware completely. I feel like I've been screwed and I don't really even know when the hell it had happened!

They should have stated clearly enough at the very beginning that the N900 is a beta device and it's functionality is limited. I and many alike were misinformed, because on their on-line store there was no info about navigation software being in the development state.

Originally Posted by stantheboss View Post
So, if PR1.2 won't make OVI Maps usable and Sygic app will be still on hold than I'll simply say - F*** Nokia and their customer care policy.

How could they sell a device for 500 and not to support it's hardware completely. I feel like I've been screwed and I don't really even know when the hell it had happened!

They should have stated clearly enough at the very beginning that the N900 is a beta device and it's functionality is limited. I and many alike were misinformed, because on their on-line store there was no info about navigation software being in the development state.
De Ja Vu, Back in Nokia N97 world. Bit disappointed myself, wish I'd gone for an Iphone (sort of).

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by todor_tsankov View Post
I think this means that Nokia already knows what will be included in the update and what won't make it.
Please read comment 259 again. I clearly wrote that the list is NOT complete so your assumption is wrong.

Which should mean that the update is pretty close to release
I expected some rumours and maybe wrong conclusions when I cleaned up in Bugzilla yesterday. Thanks for providing proof.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by stantheboss View Post
So, if PR1.2 won't make OVI Maps usable
You might want to define the highly subjective word "usable" by providing some clear, testable personal requirements for the next version of Ovi Maps - otherwise you will not be able to find out for yourself whether to say "F*** Nokia" or not, and at least I reeeeally dislike those moments of uncertainty whether to say F*** you to somebody or not.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Yes, the most of us know this Brainstorm. Thank you Andre.

It's one of the leader of every brainstorm statistic. But what happened? It's there since 4 Month. And what has changed?
Not much so far. Companies don't change a running system (at least running for them) in the current, already existing series (e.g. "Maemo5") if it works more or less well for them.
Getting infrastructure in place takes some time, and 4 months are not much, having bureaucracy of large institutions in mind, may it be politics or a large company.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Not much so far. Companies don't change a running system (at least running for them) in the current, already existing series (e.g. "Maemo5") if it works more or less well for them.
Getting infrastructure in place takes some time, and 4 months are not much, having bureaucracy of large institutions in mind, may it be politics or a large company.
Andre, can you provide us some light on how long do we expected to wait for the PR1.2? Just a guestimation will give us some hope

And i like the idea distro application updates or fixes. And may be Nokia Map can also release by distro repo as well. This would make update much easier to manage and feel more control over the amount of time taken to download.

Thank you Andre

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
So If we believe bugzilla at least for me this means that PR1.2 will be bigger in terms of stability/improvements, but not new features.
Nokia people haven't tended to use bugzilla to communicate about new features before they are released in the update. So I wouldn't say that PR1.2 will not be bigger in terms of features. That of course we won't know until it is released.

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever