Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Seattle
Maybe? From what I've read, Python will run. I would assume there will be an mplayer built (or you can use a different audio player). So the audio should work at least. As far as video, no. I don't know if there will be support for flash 10 on the N900, and the flash support doesn't matter anyway because all the mlbviewer code to do the video is no longer valid since mlb changed stuff at the start of the '09 season, so that's two strikes. I don't have any current plans to buy an N900, so I won't be able to test it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ehovorka For This Useful Post:
Hello, anyone still out there? I can't test mlbviewer yet for 2010. MLB is not allowing subscriptions until March 15 for the Windows Mobile platform. While browsing the mlb web site, I came across a stripped down version for Gameday Audio. Does anyone subscribe to the full mlb.tv or regular Gameday Audio?

If so, can you try this link from your N810's browser:
http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mpa/index.jsp

It looks like this might just work on the NIT. The player does not appear to be flash based. And MLB is claiming support for the iPad, which will not do flash.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ South Bend IN
Originally Posted by ehovorka View Post
If so, can you try this link from your N810's browser:
http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mpa/index.jsp

It looks like this might just work on the NIT. The player does not appear to be flash based. And MLB is claiming support for the iPad, which will not do flash.
I forgot my tablet at work today, but I can test the link out tomorrow. I am a little surprised that they would have a separate page for the iPad when it will run the current iPhone app.

I've also been thinking about a couple things I could do to revamp the application. In my random internet searching I ran across the xml data files used by the mlb scoreboards, box scores, and live game data. I'm starting work on .Net application to run on my desktop, but will be looking to port it to python and my n810 after I've figured out the data structure. No promises of course, but I'm going to see what I can do.

Originally Posted by hvacengi View Post
I forgot my tablet at work today, but I can test the link out tomorrow. I am a little surprised that they would have a separate page for the iPad when it will run the current iPhone app.

I've also been thinking about a couple things I could do to revamp the application. In my random internet searching I ran across the xml data files used by the mlb scoreboards, box scores, and live game data. I'm starting work on .Net application to run on my desktop, but will be looking to port it to python and my n810 after I've figured out the data structure. No promises of course, but I'm going to see what I can do.
I tried streaming audio from the site you linked, both in the built in Microb browser and in tear. Microb had no issues logging in or selecting the game, but it wouldn't play the audio for me. Tear wouldn't log in properly, so I couldn't check it's ability to play the stream. I'm guessing there is an issue in the javascript engine in Microb that is preventing the stream from playing properly.

I'm having a problem with mlbviewer opening. I've downloaded the 4/30/09 version and it shows up as loaded and the icon appears. When I click on icon it shows "mlbviewer loading" but it doesn't load. Can you advise what I might do to get it working. Thanks.

You need to have all three parts, python-simplejson, python-mlbviewer and mlbviewer-gui. You should download the latest of each - 4/30/09 is not the latest. It should open and show the games and scores, but the audio will not work yet. MLB has pushed back the date for Windows Mobile audio to at least March 18th.

To help diagnose the problem, open an xterm window and start:
python /usr/lib/mlbviewer_gui/mlbviewer_gui.py

Thanks for the help.

Hi. I downloaded the latest versions and ran the xterm line you suggested. Result: "not found". The application manager lists all three elements as installed. Any ideas? Thanks.

I just downloaded it to a recently flashed tablet image, and didn't have any issues. Do you know if you have python installed? (If you just type the command "python" at the command line, does it still say "not found" or does it give you a new prompt?).

Originally Posted by hvacengi View Post
I just downloaded it to a recently flashed tablet image, and didn't have any issues. Do you know if you have python installed? (If you just type the command "python" at the command line, does it still say "not found" or does it give you a new prompt?).
python 2.5.2 loaded; at command line i get detail on python and then new prompt.

Tags
mblviewer, mlb, mlbviewer