Active Topics

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Well, the OTA update hasn't arrived in the UK yet, so I'm assuming that that's where the wiki is sourced from.

I don't honestly fancy doing it the 'hard way' with the flasher if I can possibly help it.
The people using UK firmware version can reflash Global version, or whine to Nokia Care. Actually, the coolest thing would be if UK users upset about the slowness of the almost non-existant variants team would start a thread to coordinate a call-nokia-care day. Imagine if everyone upset picked the same day to call Nokia Care.

Usb problem doesnt seem to of affected my device yet. i have had my phone since before christmas and i have been having to charge it every night "which is understandable because of the power of the device" you would think with the uploading of my music collection and files thro usb and the charging every night it would have.

Makes me think maybe sum people are to ruff with there usb port. i mean i no some times i just yank it out.

[edit] i love my n900 i have neva had a "smartphone / phone" like it. i would never go back either. they have pushed so many boundrys with this phone how can you talk badly.

a list of a few things i love.

fm transmitter in the uk - i thought this was illigal

voip - pritty sure most other phones dont allow voip over gsm

open sourced - everything is changable if you have the know how

DOOM / duke nukem 3d / quake 3 - u can play doom on your phone :O

its like a pc in my pocket and i couldn't live without it now. not only is it a pc its linux.

NO TO THE RECALL!

Last edited by jamie721; 2010-03-09 at 14:02. Reason: Forgot the morral of the storie

The Following User Says Thank You to jamie721 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Nokialand
Espoo, Finland—-Nokia officials issued a massive recall of the entire N900 line Tuesday, apologizing for a quality-control oversight that led to the company manufacturing a badass mobile computer that was way too awesome for the American public. "We deeply regret this lapse in judgment and accept full responsibility for the mistake," Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo said holding a gorgeous, black gadget recalled for being "way too smoking." "After numerous road tests, we've found the device to be a mean, mean ride that Americans are simply not cool enough to handle, and it would be irresponsible of us to allow anyone to get behind the keyboard of this killer device. It's truly frightening how sweet the N900 is." According to Kallasvuo, Nokia has canceled production on the next maemo device, and will instead release a line of iPhone like devices in an effort to appeal to boring old Americans.

Original:
http://www.theonion.com/content/news...s_2010_mustang

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tharna For This Useful Post: