Active Topics

If you went to USA Nokia official website, on the home page, you would see the price of N900 equals N97's price.

By taking a look at the hardware camparison, I see n900 is much better/stronger than N97 (everywhere).
Why Nokia gives them the same price? i think n900 should be higher than 97.......

it's not fair

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by rsegerda@sina.com View Post
If you went to USA Nokia official website, on the home page, you would see the price of N900 equals N97's price.

By taking a look at the hardware camparison, I see n900 is much better/stronger than N97 (everywhere).
Why Nokia gives them the same price? i think n900 should be higher than 97.......

it's not fair
Because the N97 is Nokia's flagship phone (sadly) and don't forget the N97 has a lot more services for it more than the N900 like free OVI Maps... etc..

n97 based on Symbian

n900 based on meego

Originally Posted by maemo55555@yahoo.cn View Post
n900 based on meego
Please stop with the pointless posts, especially wrong ones.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewG For This Useful Post:
having had both, they are two different kettle of fish entirely, however given the hardware in the n97, I would hate to be the Nokia Salesperson convincing me to buy the 3 year old 400mhz processor, 128mb ram POS when i tell him i need it to be responsive when multitasking, over the phone which has a f^&$ing gig of ram in it!

I will say that in the 4 months i had the n97, by month 3, it has started to grow on me- sure multitasking was never an option, but it has some pretty decent capabilities to it. email grabbing was quick, there were a few cool apps(the torrent client being my favourite), but when my shiny new n900 came in the mail last week, and after 5 minutes it was like the n97 had just been madeline mckain'd then ways from sunday.

Originally Posted by PipBoyBSOD View Post
128mb ram POS when i tell him i need it to be responsive when multitasking, over the phone which has a f^&$ing gig of ram in it!
The N900 has 256MB of ram, not 1GB.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by 406NotAcceptable View Post
The N900 has 256MB of ram, not 1GB.
1GB of application memory (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)

Originally Posted by daemonfin View Post
1GB of application memory (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)
Which is swap, aka hard drive space and not ram like PipBoy posted. The device has 256MB of ram, not 1GB of ram. It has 768MB of SWAP space, using the Linux swap fs.

A similar situation would be PC World selling you a PC with "8GB of memory", when 4GB of it is swap space. (Technically 'application memory' because your system allocates it to applications.)

Not everything is hardware. There are many features the N97 has that the N900 lacks.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post: