Active Topics

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austin, TX USA
Originally Posted by SubCore View Post
don't believe everything some sales guy tells you. they usually just want to make the sale, correct information is an obstacle in that regard

any imported version will work just fine on T-Mo USA (1700 AWS). the SIM Card will tell the device which frequencies to use.
worst thing that could happen is that f.ex. the UK firmware disables 1700, in that case you can just flash US firmware on the device. but i highly doubt you'll need to do that.
I spoke to T-M Tech Depart today and they confirm your statements. The N900 specs would be really perfect if, in addition to global 3G / 4g coverage and WiFi n it also had UMA.

I live in Australia and want to buy a n900. The n900 isnt sold here but Ive noticed that the US version is cheaper than the import version. Most mobile carriers use 2100 frequency. Does anybody know if the US version will work in australia?

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Considering there is only one version of the wireless hardware, yes (as long as it's on 2100 or 1700MHz bands)

I am using a German N900 in the US and it doesnt connect to the t-mobile 3G network. I m not sure if whats the reason for this, I migth try flashing the US firmware, if its safe and see if it connects than. My old N95 is connecting to 3G without any problem...

I have a US version of the N900, but I am moving to the UK does anyone know if it will work in the UK

I used my N900 (US model) in UK, France, Spain, Lithuania, Argentina, Australia, and US with no problem whatsoever.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Mine was bought on the US, it works just fine in both 2G and 3G on TIM here on Brazil (only tested in São Paulo so far)

MoBo version number is 2104 (not a typo, dunno why this rev is rarer)