Active Topics

Has anyone scratched their screen yet? So far, mine has withstood the abuse I've thrown at it and have no scratches. Still, I'm contemplating putting a screen protector on it. However, reading some of the threads about damaging the screen when removing a screen protector, have me concerned.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
I managed to get a mark on mine whilst waiting for my screen protector to arrive despite being careful with it (obvioulsy not enough). I suspect it's more a case of bad luck to get one than anything else though.

here in argentina we have no warranty of any kind.

so the screen protector is a must, and a case (that i cant find)

maybe its because i am careful, im more afraid to left the screen unprotected

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Have to admit, i had a rubbish screen protector, and took it off, so far since early december, no scratches, and keep it clean. Just have a sock style protector (2 quid on ebay (Pound sign not working)) - works fine.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I've had mine for a week, got a scratch across the middle of the screen...also while waiting for the screen protector... $550 phone...$5 screen protector...no brainer!

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I'm using Zagg's InvisibleShield since almost the 1st day I had my N900. This thing is almost bullet-proof
Even though it makes the screen a bit harder time to register screen taps, and it DOES make it look uglier, its still invaluable and I highly recommend it, especially for people that sometimes accidentally put the phone in the same pocket as he puts his house-keys, like me for example

You could have my luck... wasn't going to order a screen, but then got three scratches on it right in the middle (wasn't terribly noticeable, but you know once you notice something, you ALWAYS see it) so I ended up trying to polish them out a bit, got some lcd cleaner that also said it would help with minor scratches. While it didn't damage my phone, it only helped a tiny bit.

So then I ordered the Zagg invisishield... somehow got some tiny hairs on it, messed it all up, became furious, tossed it in the garbage.

Then I went to a shop in the mall, the guy didn't do anywhere near as good of a job cutting out things for the speaker, camera, light sensor, etc, so I said screw it, ripped that one off after I ordered another Zagg Invisishield and put it on (somewhat successfully) after about three days of trying to get all the little bumps / hairs out of it.

So then on to my worse luck yet....

I found the delicious hand crafted leather case at noreveusa.com. While I was waiting for my order to be filled, noreveusa.com went bankrupt, so now if I want that I have to order that from France!

At least they offered a discount, I'll have to see how much of a discount is. The case is mighty sweet!

slaapliedje

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
I got one tiny scratch while waiting for my screen protector.. now I have a cheap off ebay (3 for £2 or similar) protector .. doesn't look too good and I think it will need repacing soon but it does the job it was designed for...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
yes.

tiny vertical scratches approximately 1/3 in from the right... this is exactly where my fingernails move up and down when i scroll vertically on a web page.

seems my nails are harder than the screen.