Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
Since coding and scripting are not my forté, I opened up photoshop. Let me know what you guys think.

P.S. Despite how it looks, the png *is* transparent. Download and use as you see fit.
Attached Images

|NITDROID|MER|MEEGO| <== I support these.

I'm a tester and hacker, I live by the "See button. Push button." philosophy, thusly I am also quite versed in methods of backing up and re-flashing devices.

Good customizing tips here <==

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apoc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Now that looks cool. Anyone fancy making a nice 800x480 wallpaper for when we get a working os

The Following User Says Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
I second the wallpaper and up it with the request of having it a cohesive 3 page work of art

Steve you say "when we have it working" as if it is a forgone conclusion I love the optimism my friend. If you are successful with integrating the display driver, what will that mean for its usability?
As far as the other items not working (sound BT GPS) is there hope, as not having sound would be a show stopper. BT and GPS I could live without, but I don't wanna lol. Android has a lot of cool location aware applications, I would love to make use of the gps.
I know I'm getting ahead of myself a bit here but I think that's half the fun. All the possibilities

gps shouldn be hard bluetooth neither. Ill be looking tonight at kernel. The graphics may help with speed since especially with eclair as its more graphics heavy

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-05 at 12:22.

Does this also mean that opensource Android applications can be ported to Maemo/Meego by patching kernel-calls etc.?

Originally Posted by Hossie View Post
Does this also mean that opensource Android applications can be ported to Maemo/Meego by patching kernel-calls etc.?
Im theory yes they could most likely be ported from android>maemo.
But our main goal in this project is to get a fully working copy of the entire android OS on the nits

ok progress report, been playing with kernel again. and ive got to same stage as bri3d managed (random mmc driver crashes) seems any mmc driver above the one in kernel 2.6.28 fails to boot altogether and .28 crashes, goin to try forward porting an older driver - any idea what kernel maemo uses by default

edit: hmmm that booted to a error console screen a few times and now it wont, i can see why the kernels are said to be buggy now - still working

EDIT 2: ok im uploading my current zImage to the nitdroid.com site (n8x0 current dev page) wondering if anyone else can test it as my n800 battery is near enough dead so waiting for it to charge (seems to take forever ) the rootfs is the 0.4.3 from the original nitdroid at the moment

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-05 at 18:26. Reason: change in info

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
I'm working on the desktops in the mean time I saw Helmy decided to make a different logo using just the android font. Liking this idea I made another logo that's decidedly more android themed, and a specific logo for porting the eclair version of Android over to our Nokia tablets. This time available in png AND vectored eps for those who think it needs to be bigger

However since PNG's are turned to jpgs and EPS' aren't supported as attached files here, I have to link you to my dropbox account to dload them.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4567036/NITDROID_eclair.eps
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4567036/NITDROID_eclair.png

As always do with them what you will, and enjoy

P.S. The backgrounds I make will be using this logo or variations on it.
Attached Images

|NITDROID|MER|MEEGO| <== I support these.

I'm a tester and hacker, I live by the "See button. Push button." philosophy, thusly I am also quite versed in methods of backing up and re-flashing devices.

Good customizing tips here <==

yea - if you need inspriation look at cyanogens wallpapers he uses for his nexus 1 and tmo g1 roms im still arguing with the linux kernel at mo, this onwe im trying now has more hacked together versions of various files ill be surprised if it compiles

ok im going to upload my progress on kernel so far (which isnt much) shortly and link to is (going to be a rather large file so ill host it on one of my servers) if anyone else who understands kernels could have a look at it and the config and tell me whats causing it not to work id appreciate it s im baffled now... and yes im aware A LOT of the drivers are modules in the config, only wayi could fit the kernel into the 2mb flasher allows for it on the n800

Closed Thread