Active Topics

Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

i took my phone into repair, from the main nokia shop here in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on a tuesday and got it back the next sunday after the usb port came out. I noticed that the usb port is a different colour from before, its paler i guess. So yeah there is hope for sure for people with this problem. But its most probably because of this thread that they didn't give me any hassle, i showed them this thread in the store and then they took the phone in.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSHAH For This Useful Post:
"Your N900 was received for repair on 02/25/2010. Unfortunately we were unable to repair your device and are currently awaiting delivery of a replacement device for you."
This was my response back on the 27th and I called yesterday to see where my "replacement" phone was and they said there is no timetable. "It depends on availability" they said.Not sure what that means.
just keeping you guys up to date on my situation.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArmandHammer For This Useful Post:
All,
I called Nokia support and they told me to mail my phone in so they could look at it. I received my new n900 about 4 business days after they received it.

I must say my experience was pretty good. They told me to send my phone back, it took about 2 days for them to determine I would get a new phone, then another 2 days for them to ship it out and get to me. I live in Arlington, Virginia if that makes any difference. I called the 800 number to get support.

paul white

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jpaulwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Dropped mine off at the Nokia Service centre. The person there said Nokia were looking at this issue on a case by case basis so could not tell me for sure if the warranty would cover it. However he did note that the phone was in otherwise perfect condition so did not forsee any issues.

We shall see in 4-5 days.

One thing to note, I am now using my N95, which whilst a great phone I realise just how much I use my N900. It has literally become a shirt pocket laptop for me. My wife and kids think I am surgically attached to it I miss it

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I'm hoping the "case by case basis" means they are looking for signs of damage indicating true user abuse (scuffing around the USB port, etc).

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
This is some progress from Nokia, glad to see it happen. I am hoping my N900 port will hold until Nokia changes their production method to fix this design flaw.

Hello everyone,

I am new on the forum but I have been following this thread for a while because, unfortunately I got the same issue.

I'm from Margate, FL - United States. I've been using my phone flawlessly with no hitch at all until the USB port popped off lol. I haven't contacted Nokia USA Care yet, why? Because I have read that some folks sent the device for repair and received it back; unrepaired.

In the last few days I've been reading nothing but good news so I'm wondering if it's time to contact Nokia USA for warranty claim. I pre-ordered this phone from Amazon (I believe I am one of the first customers that received the device from them).

Any help will be really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Dropped mine off at the Nokia Service centre. The person there said Nokia were looking at this issue on a case by case basis so could not tell me for sure if the warranty would cover it. However he did note that the phone was in otherwise perfect condition so did not forsee any issues.

We shall see in 4-5 days.

One thing to note, I am now using my N95, which whilst a great phone I realise just how much I use my N900. It has literally become a shirt pocket laptop for me. My wife and kids think I am surgically attached to it I miss it
Yeah I had an old N95 but I Lost it during Snowmaggenden. I thought after all the snow melted it would turn up in my front yard but no such luck just yet grrrrrrr lol

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by pop2lock View Post
In the last few days I've been reading nothing but good news so I'm wondering if it's time to contact Nokia USA for warranty claim. I pre-ordered this phone from Amazon (I believe I am one of the first customers that received the device from them).

Any help will be really appreciate it.
Now is the time to contact CARE for sure.

Do we know if the repairs represent something new and improved or the same thing waiting to fail again?

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty