Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by torx View Post
Or if you're good at touchtyping on the frogpad, even better, stick it inside the pocket of your pants, then go around telling people you can type by just thinking of it! Just squint really hard at the N800 and make minimal hand movements in your pocket, you could be the star at the next CES!
Or a star in the pocket pool halls...

Originally Posted by huck View Post
Gotta say, this is the first I've seen of the FrogPad..

how easy is it to type on and what kind of speeds(wpm) are you able to do accurately?
40wpm is just downright slow if you ask me..but I do realize you're only using 1 hand vs. 2...so I don't expect 80wpm...

Just wondering what is realistic to expect...cuz I'd MUCH rather have that frogpad I just saw than a collapsible BT that I gotta fold and unfold.

Style says it all
It's a fairly different layout than a standard keyboard and it takes a small amount of getting used to. That being said, I think I can hit about a third (30 WPM or so) of my usual typing speed after only a few days of owning it and only probably about four or five hours total with it. I haven't had a whole lot of time to spend with it, but I imagine I will get quite a bit faster as I get more and more used to it.

If only the frogpad could pair with more than one device at a time! I want one that works with the phone, laptop and n800

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Bump!

I am thinking of getting a Frogpad. Some questions:

1) Doe sit have to be on a surface to be optimally used or can you hold it in the one hand you are using to type and still make good progress.

2) Left or right handed?

Fred

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Canada
I find the idea of the FrogPad very interesting.

One question I had was that even though I am right-handed perhaps I should buy the left-handed version so that I could type with my left hand and do other things (turning pages, tapping on screen, etc) with my right hand while typing.

Any FogPad users who have purchased and used the pad for their "opposite" hand? If so, how is it working out for you?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Norway / Tromsų
maybe this one is a better size keyboard for ya http://www.trustedreviews.com/periph...ile-Devices/p1
--

They make left and right handed models.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.