Active Topics

Notices

I have MSN haze (as part of pidgin protocols). Recently I can't connect at all (network error). So I have disabled my MSN haze account. BUT I still occasionally get spam ghost messages from offline MSN contacts (whose accounts have been hacked I guess?) and most recently, I got one legitimate MSN message from a contact. All while my account is disabled. How/why is this happening?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
you don't have msn pecan installed and enabled? just for being absolutely sure.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

no, only one msn protocol - haze. I have installed: Pidgin Extra Protocols (Bonjour & Sametime) and Pidgin protocols plugin for conversations and contacts.

it's so weird. if I try to connect, I only get 'network errors'. But then I get these messages. So far, 3 spam messages from trusted contacts and one legitimate 'hello' from another contact.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I think you should contact the author of the package and ask is that behaviour normal, can it be explained somehow etc
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

That be these people yes?

No one else has run into this problem, huh?

I've found Haze to be the most unstable following a cut from GPRS to wifi or the other way round.

It gets 'Network Errors' all the time and refuses to 'connect' although I'm not sure if it has actually connected and I was in the same position as you.

I tend to just have two MSN 'accounts' one is Haze, not sure what the other one is, if Haze refuses to connect, the other one is usually fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to LondonBenji For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Havnt found the problem of getting messages when disabled. But thats cuz Im never disable it
Although I do have the same network error as you do, but than I still appear online in other people's contact list. Btw I have those errors just like once/twice a month or so, but I remember using butterfly plugin and that got me errors all the time.

Edit: same as last part from guy above

The Following User Says Thank You to Thiis For This Useful Post: