Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ São Paulo-Brasil
Hi, I want know if ther is someway to edit wayfinder maps...because in my town the wayfinder's map is very bad. Thanks

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Out of luck I am afraid. Take a look at Openstreetmap and Navit if you want wayfinder like functionality with editavle maps.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ São Paulo-Brasil
I don't know how to configure navit. I just set up the map, but I don't know how to put voice and turn on the navegation... I had read the wiki of navit, but doesn't helped me...
do you know how I do it?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
1. create a folder on your internal card called map.

2. go to downloads.cloudmade.com, and go though the links to find the continent/county you wish to download for and then download the navit binary map. This is a compressed zip file so you may want to download it on the PC, unzip it and copy it over to the NIT. It needs to be saved into the navit folder you created.

3. from the application manager install navit, but do not start the app once installed.

4. download navit.xml and navitosd.xml from http://www.barkmunchers.com/navit/ save them to the map folder yo created

5. open xterm and run these commands

cd /home/user
mkdir .navit
cd .navit
cp /media/mmc1/navit.xml /home/user/.navit/navit.xml
cp /media/mmc1/navitOSD.xml /home/user/.navit/navitOSD.xml

Navit should now work when started. This is largely pulled from the Navit wiki page for the tablets http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....t_on_n770/n800 which does work. At least it did for me.

f you are still having problems post exactly what you are trying to do, and what you have done.

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post

5. open xterm and run these commands

cd /home/user
mkdir .navit
cd .navit
cp /media/mmc1/navit.xml /home/user/.navit/navit.xml
cp /media/mmc1/navitOSD.xml /home/user/.navit/navitOSD.xml
Did you mean "cp /media/mmc1/maps/navit.xml /home/user/.navit/navit.xml"

&

"cp /media/mmc1/maps/navitOSD.xml /home/user/.navit/navitOSD.xml"

?

I still can't get it working, can't even get it to display a map, let alone routing.

Will the navit.xml need the map binary name adding? (I added UK only as europe is over a gig)

Originally Posted by nifton View Post
Did you mean "cp /media/mmc1/maps/navit.xml /home/user/.navit/navit.xml"
No, you need to download the 2 xml files and save them somewhere, and then copy them to /home/user/.navit. doesn't matter where you saved them to initially /media/mmc1 is the root folddr on the external card. tgo be fair to you, I did say to save them to the folder you had created, which is not what the example code referenced, and i apologise for that.

"cp /media/mmc1/maps/navitOSD.xml /home/user/.navit/navitOSD.xml"
See above.

I still can't get it working, can't even get it to display a map, let alone routing.

Will the navit.xml need the map binary name adding? (I added UK only as europe is over a gig)
In the navit.xml file, there is a setting for the location of the folder containing the maps. by default, Navit will look for all files in that folder with a bin extension.

all i did to get speech working was to install flite from applicaqtion manager

Last edited by gazza_d; 2010-02-25 at 18:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post: