Active Topics

Notices

Hey All,

I was wondering if its possible to port over a Championship/Football Manager game on the N900.

I am talking about the Sports Interactive games.

Im sure N900 wont run Football Manager very well, due to the power it needs, but it should run Championship Manager (The OLDER version of the game) without any problems. (You can also update the game to the latest year, with the latest stats and players!)

Since its all mouse, you can use your stylus to play the game. It would be PERFECT.

The screen on the N900 is great and tbfh, CM/FM games would be PERFECT for the N900.

I would play the game in DOS BOX, but I dont know how to set it up, and also the mouse us dodgy in DOS BOX atm, therefore its not really feasable.

Is anyone up for the challenge??

Lets work together to bring this great game to the N900!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Snaps For This Useful Post:
That would be a dream. And kinda difficult too i guess.

Is there any way to get this working on DOS BOX?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Suffolk, UK
Indeed yes, This would be awesome but god know how much work I would ever get done! I used to love the first CM I ever got, CM Italia on the Amiga! Good times. Certainly I can see it working, but god knows how.
Unfortuntely, I am no developer but you have my vote for trying!

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Belgrade, Serbia
I don't think it would be possible. I'm not a programmer, but i know that you need the source code of the game to be able to port it. And as the football manager and football championship are made by EA, i don't think it's possible for them to get the source code of the game. The only way is that someone make a completely new game.
But you can use VNC viewer to control the game on your pc, but it's too slow for that kind of games.

Originally Posted by white_ranger View Post
I don't think it would be possible. I'm not a programmer, but i know that you need the source code of the game to be able to port it. And as the football manager and football championship are made by EA, i don't think it's possible for them to get the source code of the game. The only way is that someone make a completely new game.
But you can use VNC viewer to control the game on your pc, but it's too slow for that kind of games.
Not true. CM and FM is made by SI Games and published by Sega, and NOT EA (thank god!)

I emailed SI Games, asking them if they can release the source code to the older CM games from 2000 or earlier, with the intention of porting the game on the N900 and releasing it for free

The Following User Says Thank You to Snaps For This Useful Post:
Dosbox REALLY is the answer folks... If the version you want to run would have run on Dos, then have a look at the dosbox guides on here and try it on that. I run some old dos football manager games on my n900 although games about 5 years older than you're attempting. You'd probably be okay though...

Originally Posted by stayloa View Post
Dosbox REALLY is the answer folks... If the version you want to run would have run on Dos, then have a look at the dosbox guides on here and try it on that. I run some old dos football manager games on my n900 although games about 5 years older than you're attempting. You'd probably be okay though...
Really, how does it run? What version are you running? Also, does the mouse problem still exist in DOS BOX?

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Download the Amiga emulator and play it on there. Simples

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
Download the Amiga emulator and play it on there. Simples
Amiga :O

WHat version of CM runs on Amiga lol?

I dont really wantt o play the very 1st version!