Active Topics

Had the click for some time on my phone. Now the display has just gone dead! All I have is some lines like lightning on the screen. Anothe rpost on this forum said Nokia insists that this is the users fault and want 99Euro to fix it!

I can honestly say that my phone is only 1 month old, I have hardly used it and never dropped or banged it. Be interestied to see what Nokia say when I return it.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
I have the "click" as well, but it's appearance is very erratic. It "clicks" by the way in the top middle to top right corner, about where you get the context menu and where you aim for the close-glyph. I had some software woes going on so I just completely reflashed it just now. It's still connected and I just wanted to pick it up, to check if it really could be that the layer sticks to the frame (see the provided link), and now it doesnt click. Darn...
Will check the device some more and get back in here if it starts again, gets worse or finally fully breaks.

mine is about 2 weeks old now and i notice it a lot when i have the screen open ... its mainly bottom center of the screen.

i am very willing to open it but i am afraid to open the screen part. any help or has anyone figured out a way to fix this?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I have a friend that has an N900 from vodafone UK and he has issues with the screen.He has to double and even trippleclick at the upper part of the screen in order to register it....send it back for a replacement.Don`t know how many of you have similar experience with this

In regards to the "clicking" of the screen near the edges/border: it could indeed be that the top layer gets stuck to the metal frame of some sort.
I took a fine sheet of paper, cleaned the gap between top layer and the metal frame and the clicking stopped. a link to this solution has been posted a page or two further back in this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post:
mine "clicking" to since 3 weeks. I wanted to go straight to my seller but the day after it stopped... now, it's just from time to time and when it's happening it' really irritating me... as i am right now, because it's actually goddamn clicking

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
i'm not having a clicking problem.... yet but i do have something annoying. there's 2 offcolour patches on the screen. 1 is to the right of the very centre and the other is about a centimeter and a bit lower to the right. it's really visable on a full white background but shows up with other colours too. black is the hardest to see it on. i noticed it a few weeks back n though it was my screen protector but i took that off cuz it was annoying me about the screen and it's not the protector.

any ideas?

edit:
these aren't dead pixels it's not tiny, it's about half a centimeter in diameter each.

Last edited by smegheadz; 2010-03-08 at 19:43.

Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
i'm not having a clicking problem.... yet but i do have something annoying. there's 2 offcolour patches on the screen. 1 is to the right of the very centre and the other is about a centimeter and a bit lower to the right. it's really visable on a full white background but shows up with other colours too. black is the hardest to see it on. i noticed it a few weeks back n though it was my screen protector but i took that off cuz it was annoying me about the screen and it's not the protector.

any ideas?
I have the same problem.But unfortunatelly for us there are countless graphic errors on the n900.1
1.Image tearing while switching home screens
2.Horisontal screen tear while scrolling in portrait mode
3.Vertical screen tear while scrolling in landscape
4.Screen tear when scrolling up and down in specific areas
I wont continue listing the others cuz i`ll get flamed by a fanboy sooner or later,and im trying to avoid a flame war.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
well tearing can be fixed software wise, this appears to be hardware issue with the screen. did you get yours fixed or you still have it with the off color patches? are yours in the same location as mine? do you have more then 2 or less?

Yes, the tearing is most likely due to the accelerated (?) nature of the graphical interface. It might be a software issue and is fixeable, but I'm so willing to live with that if routing comes to Maemo, the browser stops being erratic and more useful software keeps coming... So the tearing for sure is never ever going to be top priority to fix.
Doesn't the iPhone tear as well? I have this warm feeling right now that I stumbled across some reports a couple months ago, but I'm not sure.