Active Topics

@biggzy how does the quality feel compare to the e71? i heard people said that the e71 feels more heavy/solid as in less plastic?

Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
@biggzy how does the quality feel compare to the e71? i heard people said that the e71 feels more heavy/solid as in less plastic?
Not sure as iv not held a E71, but as far as im aware the E72 replaced the E71 and has better specs, the E72 feels very solid, im a N-series lover and the E72 is built better than any N-series iv ever owned, also it feels expensive, its not too heavy but its not light if you know what i mean, i was going to get another N-series but i realy want a candybar with a qwerty so E72 is at the top of my list, heres a pic of my N900 and my womans E72...

Sorry about pic quality, was taken with a 8600 luna.

Last edited by biggzy; 2010-02-20 at 09:15.

man that grey one looks sexy ....

Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Hey guys,

few months ago i was on a debate on either the n900 or the e72 b4 it was released. Now that i got my n900 i absolutely love it. But thing is that i miss the "phone" functionality of my n95 which lacks on the n900 at the moment. I'm thinking about getting a e72 to complete my need. I love the e series build. it's so solid. Anyways i gave my n95 8gb away so i have no other phone to fall back on ... I'm thinking of getting the e72 but after hearing all these new symbian stuff coming out should i wait for e73 or something? and No im not waiting for meego because i already have my n900 ... i want something solid like the e71,e72 stainless steel build.

unless PR1.2 brings some major updates and features to the table... then i'll reconsider buying another device or not ...
nokia e71 rocks....I am back to using e71 since my email on N900 doesn't sync with my work....provisioning issue....nokia needs to merge business with multimedia into on package...

N900 to me is a great tablet but as far as phone functionality it's not so great .. therefore i feel the need to carry two devices lol ... it's like people carry a phone and a mp3/ipod with them .. that's how i feel.
I guess I hear you. I do miss the E71 -- the form factor, build quality and the keyboard was easier to type on. I dropped that sucker so many times and was never worried. Haven't dropped the N900 yet, but I def don't feel as confident about it surviving a fall nicely. Bottom line though: I probably only make/receive 15-20 calls on a busy day and so far the spartan phone functionality of N900 hasn't been a big deal. . That doesn't mean the phone function shouldn't be WAY better, but it hasn't been 'unuseable' for me.

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
nokia e71 rocks....I am back to using e71 since my email on N900 doesn't sync with my work....provisioning issue....nokia needs to merge business with multimedia into on package...
Except that Nokia has never marketed the N900 as being a Enterprise series. It says N, not E.

When I'm working I still use my Blackberry a lot more than my N900. To be honest, I've had my N900 for what, nearly 6 months now and I still don't have a sim card for it. The Blackberry simply handles email a lot better, synch is easier that toasting bread and it supports conference calls and automatic opening/dialling into conference bridges.

Plus, because we go through BES neither iPhone nor N900 (or any other smartphone excepted for Blackberries) can access our corporate email. And no, opening up the firewall isn't an option.

In other words: the N900 is very fun and a cool gadget, but I don't use it as a phone -- except for Skype.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
E72 is still not supported from 3 mobile here in the UK so whoever got into the thinking of using skype on it it doesnt work....just my 2 cents on this subject.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
after 2 weeks of using N900 I feel exactly the same. Great device but poor phone.