Active Topics

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
I just got the same rejection letter. They are correct: I did not send the original receipt or packing slip. Why? Because the rebate form did not ask for it!

If you still have the PDF file, take a look. They are attempting to change the rules after the fact.

I am trying to keep an open mind, but it's hard not to conclude that this is and was always intended to be a scam.
It wasn't in the numbered list, but if you read the small text in the middle it says:

"Mail-In Form, dated store receipt and UPC/barcode panel must be postmarked by January 8, 2010 and received no
later than January 15, 2010."

I had gotten a letter a couple days ago saying that I didn't include the UPC (I did). After giving them a call, they told me everything was in order and that it would be shipped. So, good news for me.

Then again, it took three rejections before I was able to get the $50 card from T-Mobile for my wife's phone.

I sent mine in late December and it won't even show up on their site. What a scam!

The Following User Says Thank You to tigerswood For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Website says it can't find my info, and since it's been over 3 weeks I should call. When I call it says I have to wait a full 8 weeks...

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Website says it can't find my info, and since it's been over 3 weeks I should call. When I call it says I have to wait a full 8 weeks...
German's need to buy this Company...

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
I just got my email yesterday confirming I will be getting the rebate in 2-3 weeks. Mailed Jan 6. Of course I read the small print and sent in all the required materials. I had checked a week or so ago and was getting worried that they had no record of it.

Email went to my account at ovi.com that I registered specifically for the rebate.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I got a letter today saying I need to either activate Ovi Maps or activate Ovi Store and tell them the username... which I provided on the original rebate form. I guess I'll try calling them tomorrow.

okay time for me to follow up tomorrow then since I keep the scan copy before I sent it out. I have not even receive a single mail yet from them.

I sent in all the information requested on the form and even sent in my receipt, though the form did not ask for it (even though that is pretty standard for rebates). I made photocopies of everything. Today, I receive a form letter claiming I had not created an OVI Store or Maps account. I created an Ovi store account prior to sending in my rebate form and my Ovi Username is clearly visible in block print on the photocopies and none of the characters could be misconstrued as another letter/number.

Judging by the other comments in this thread, I feel like Nokia and their rebate processor are being extremely dishonest and possibly fraudulent in this case. This sort of thing and the generally poor post-purchase support I have received from Nokia make me increasingly unlikely to buy premium products from them in the future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocketman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I sent in all the information requested on the form and even sent in my receipt, though the form did not ask for it (even though that is pretty standard for rebates). I made photocopies of everything. Today, I receive a form letter claiming I had not created an OVI Store or Maps account. I created an Ovi store account prior to sending in my rebate form and my Ovi Username is clearly visible in block print on the photocopies and none of the characters could be misconstrued as another letter/number.

Judging by the other comments in this thread, I feel like Nokia and their rebate processor are being extremely dishonest and possibly fraudulent in this case. This sort of thing and the generally poor post-purchase support I have received from Nokia make me increasingly unlikely to buy premium products from them in the future.
I also received the same letter today and am quickly coming to the same conclusion. Seems like they only want customers for a single sale.

The Following User Says Thank You to jsbigs For This Useful Post: