Originally Posted by sdhanna View Post
i hope someone makes an eq with no bugs soon or at least nokia should make one via an update.
i've just bought some new sennheiser cx 300ii earphones to replace the standard nokia ones but with the lack of an eq on the device, some songs sound a bit hissy like when there's and 'S' in the song.
don't want my purchase to be a waste
Every review by a non-comatose reviewer says the CX-300 are ludicrously bass heavy and have a vey harsh high end. I think it's their feature... They are a bit uncomfortable coupled with N900's bass-emphasized compressed output though I for one wish we could switch off all the mangling that's done to the audio :/

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ogre city@Latvia
Does anyone tried Westone 3?

www.Hi-Tech.lv ...a bit of my technology
Using Nokia N900 32GB+8GB+Westone 3

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Nokia BH-905

Sennheiser CX400 and PX100. They sound fantastic with N900.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Sennheiser HD-202

sennheiser CX550 and really happy

Sennheiser MM450 works fantastically over bluetooth and wired link. Great audio quality. The transport controls only work for bluetooth connection though, and not in panucci.

Also works well to answer calls, and to dial last number. Unfortunately I found this out when I called my boss in the middle of the night when experimenting with the buttons on the headphones
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow
Audio-technica CKM-70. Sound's clear enough for my ears.

Philips SHP-8500 head-phones. Everything's good but the bass ain't as tight as it was from an e72 when i last trialled it. I haven't noticed any hissing either. The cans come with 40mm neo-dymium drivers giving 10Hz - 25000Hz (as i remember). They are the open-ear type. These cans are good value for money. Cost me about INR 1800 = around 40$ (Indian price).
It also has 3m worth of cable so i can move about my hostel room with phones plugged in. In-door use only because the cans are too large for the streets.
I had a pair of Koss Sidefiring ear-phones once, i'd reviewed it in my blog back when the n95 had hit the market .. i'll post a link as soon as i get access to a PC. 2G is killing me.

Last edited by di1in; 2010-02-20 at 17:26.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
I use Shure 310 Earplugs.. clear and bass is great and enough for me..