Active Topics

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by greygoo View Post
Just saw that there is already a thread providing modules, no packages that I've seen though:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38536
I see these in the app manager:

Code:
kernel-module-cifs
kernel-module-nls-utf8
kernel-module-ntfs
They might be in -testing though.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Actually I already have packages already submitted for; cifs, ntfs, nls_utf8 and also truecrypt. Reading the very first thread should have had that the packages are now in extras-testing. ;-)

kernel-module-cifs, kernel-module-ntfs, kernel-module-nls-utf8.

The kernel modules in extras-testing work on both pr 1.0 and 1.1.

Oh, and Wizard Mounter is coming. The original author and I have upgraded it to run properly on the n900. He should be releasing it when the last couple bugs get squashed. ;-)

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2010-01-22 at 01:12.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
as you are getting wizard mounter for N900, please make sure one can mount a smb/cifs share without user name and password. I have an external hard disk attached to a router (Wippies homebox, black) with samba sharing. No username or password are / can be used for it

I have installed the cifs kernel module, and wizard mounter -- they work great for mounting shares.

The problem is once the cifs kernel module is installed the screen calibration utility that is under settings closes once tapping the first 'target'.

I believe the maintainer of the cifs module is Nathan (could be completely wrong here as I have just wiped my phone again)

Please let me know if anyone else has this same issue.