Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
Depending on what type of logic you can build into it it could make it quicker and easier to type. use larger buttons with 3-4 letters in it and have predictive typing figure out what you are typing. I find the OSK sometimes fine others almost unusable. Thank goodness for the keyboard
I have the OSK disabled on my n810 and n900. I haven't touched my 770 enough to worry about the OSK.

But let's look at requirements:
  • OSK
  • Cursor movement
  • Backspace, Delete
  • Copy and Paste
  • Predictive Typing

This is a whole separate project in of itself, one best to be made re-usable between programs. I feel this is outside of the scope of Dialcentral.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
O.K. I give, what is TOR?
The One Ring. The only bug I have filed to me specifically for Maemo 4.1 is that you can't fine tune the polling times. I also do not feel that a lack of some of the filed enhancements is a blocker for release for Maemo 4.1

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
so you will get right to it? Swell

I figured as much, I was just thinking out loud. I think having an open source keyboard replacements of sorts would be a fantastic idea if it could be ported to and from apps.

*Edit I have not used TOR in a few releases, basically since the first one I was testing for u with. If you feel it is near production quality maybe I should give it another run.

Last edited by mrdally204; 2010-02-17 at 02:28.

so you will get right to it? Swell

I figured as much, I was just thinking out loud. I think having an open source keyboard replacements of sorts would be a fantastic idea if it could be ported to and from apps.

*Edit I have not used TOR in a few releases, basically since the first one I was helping with. If you feel it is near production quality maybe I should give it another run.
I am prepping another bug fix which I hope to have in the autobuilder tonight.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Depending on what type of logic you can build into it it could make it quicker and easier to type. use larger buttons with 3-4 letters in it and have predictive typing figure out what you are typing. I find the OSK sometimes fine others almost unusable. Thank goodness for the keyboard

*Edit TOR short for The One Ring. use the search located somewhere around ^

Did a search http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=124400&postcount=1

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
No problem.

Little sleepy so I'm having a hard time visualizing it from your description. will read it a few more times thought
Let m try again.

With the setup I'm doing the SMS Entry is not a dialog but a window. It shows up in the task switcher and stuff.

In any of the three tabs you select a contact and the window pops up like before (Except its now in the taskswitcher).

You can then switch back to the Dialcentral main window. Once there if you select another contact, SMS Entry pops back up. Instead of the message history you are familiar with, you get a list of contacts added to the SMS.

The plus side is it makes it easy to add and remove people to an SMS whether they are in your call history, contact list, or you hand enter it. The downside is my idea does not include a multi-select.

EDIT: I'm probably half-way through implementation. I've got one bug when closing the SMS Entry window and re-hookup the dial and sms buttons.

Last edited by epage; 2010-02-17 at 04:39.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I love Dialcentral.

this guy is through the roof amazing. Any plans on bringing the same notification code to DC as you now have in TOR. Smarter polling ect?

Any one with an idea how i can solve my problem? Here it is; every time i open dialcentral it asks me for a username and password. Where do i create or get the two from?