Active Topics

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Ok, after my last post about USB host, I had to actually try making my N800 into a USB host for both a 250 GB HD and my N900...

Here's the post with the details...

Wow, N800 hosting a N900. Thats like pedo incest!

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thesandlord For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
* I have N810, still trying to use it for everyday tasks.

* I'm waiting for QT and communication programs upgrade. I will appreciate more business/PIM software. So better calendar/address book/contacts/gps/mail/chat well integrated and syncable outside the device.

* I'm willing to contribute, although I'm still too busy to share some time, but I'd like to develop and design the software I need.

* I still give chances to my N810, I like the big screen and hardware keybord. Fabulous hardware, not so shiny software....

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
* I have a N810

* I'm interested to see and use a community SSU supporting Qt (4.6 if possible) on my device, and hopefully some Mer on the side . Also, for non-cloned setup N8x0 users, a /opt mounted loop file (or internal MMC) would be a good approximation of the N900 setup to allow the painless install of more applications.

* I'm willing to contribute with the above, both in terms of coding and testing.

* If the would happen, I would then be able to more easily port things to the N810

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
I have a N810.

Use it daily for several hours: browsing, email, ebook (pdf), MP3. Notebook substitute (with BT keyboard) when travelling. It is still more in use than my real computer.

Like to see the community SSU update. Would like TEAR to be a full alternative to the standard browser, but it seems development has ceased there too.

If my N810 got stolen/lost/broken, I don't know how what to buy then. It would not be a N900, for sure.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Boston, MA
Meego for the N8X0 Series?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by megaphone View Post
Meego for the N8X0 Series?
I can only say that I think Fremantle can run, with a replaced desktop. I highly doubt Harmattan or Meego, but let's see?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Nice post; worth thinking about:

I have a: N800 (just gave away my N810 this weekend)

I'm interested to see and use:
- mainly audio and car-enhancing features. Occasionally, I just like to play and test, and its now a teaching device for others whom I hope to see more often with their tablets.

I'm willing to contribute with:
- Mer
- educational software (meaning software which helps to create new developers, software for targeted markets like religion, youth/edu, and accessibility)

If the educational software point mentioned above would happen, I would then be able to use the software and community here as an example to the faith and education-based communities that I am around on a more frequent basis. Its not so much that I'm looking for the devices/platform to last, but I'd rather see these devices push towards "enablement" since they are now at a more stable point. Something of keeping with the "tinkerer's mindset" that they were originally developed with, but with the lessons and better tools so that folks could tinker and really develop some neat stuff.

After today's announcement regarding Meego the thread title should be changed to "Who's still around and interested in N800/N810/N900?" (joke :P)

The Following User Says Thank You to kirangp For This Useful Post:
* I have a (N800 or N810 or N810W).....N810

* I'm interested to see and use (fill in) on my device...would like to use it for Geocaching and highway navigation but...if I don't have wireless access where I am at the time I can't get maps for Maemo Mapper and the other program(s) seem to either quit working or there supposedly is not enough room on my 4 gig card for a map of half the USA. Don't not anything about Mer but heard Android isn't worth putting on the N810.

* I'm willing to contribute with (finish the sentence)...not a techy so can't help much

* If (fill in) would happen, I would then be able to do (fill in)...Nokia support for the N800 and N810 .... enjoy using this more than I do. Right now mine is more of a back up battery pack for the wife when we are on the road and her battery in her N810 dies. She uses hers more than I do.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
I have an N800 and an N810, but I prefer and use much more my N800.

I'm off sailing for the next few weeks, so I'll have to wait to answer the rest of stskeeps' questions. But I wanted to raise my hand and shout out: ME AND MY N800 ARE HERE, TOO!

Thanks for asking!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeraldKo For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810