Active Topics

This seems like the kind of thing that should go in the brainstorm bit but I don't seem to be allowed to start one there.

Anyway -

I set the lock on my N900 to kick in after 5 minutes or whatever. It is irritating to have to type in the code whenever I want to use the phone, but on the other hand I want to minimise the risk of all my details and logins etc. becoming accessible to someone else should my phone get lost or stolen, so it's a fair enough trade off.

However, my phone is very unlikely to get stolen or lost while I'm at home.

So, I was wondering if it would be possible to implement a feature where you could specify that once you are in range of a certain WLAN(s), the lock becomes inactive and you could access your phone without having to type in the lock code. You could set this for your home WLAN or at work, or anywhere else you felt there was a low risk of your phone getting nicked/stolen.

Just a thought...

The Following User Says Thank You to col37400 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Sounds nice. However, in that case I would like to see a timer function.
That would allow me to input that in 3h 30min a friend will come over and some guy I have never met. The timer would reset itself if I pushed the power button -> secure device, since I suddenly decided to run down and get some bananas or that the guys came over early.

Last edited by danielpublic; 2010-02-14 at 22:47.

Yes, I guess you'd probably want some sort of over-ride option.

Bump because I still think this would be handy