Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Scotland
Hi folks,

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm looking for a way to automatically skip non-music content (podcasts and audiobooks) when shuffling in Media Player. It's really annoying at the gym going from death metal to BBC Radio 4...

Any advice appreciated!

The Following User Says Thank You to puroresu For This Useful Post:
Have a look here:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...+player&page=2

I think you need to edit /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg and appended to NoWatchDirectory the to be excluded directories. I'll be doing the same shortly. The link also points how to remove the cache so it reindexes the music.

Scott

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slewis1972 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Netherlands
Recap:

Modify WatchDirectoryRoots= and NoWatchDirectoryRoots= in /home/user/.configure/tracker/tracker.cfg to suit your needs and run tracker-processes -r to make the mediaplayer re-index (warning: could take a long time)...

Last edited by danielronde; 2010-02-13 at 21:33. Reason: added the warning

The Following User Says Thank You to danielronde For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ The Netherlands
OK. impatient as I was, I posted to soon. The podcasts are still showing up. Sorry abou that...

My tracker.conf has an empty WatchDirectoryRoots=. and an empty NoWatchDirectoryRoots=;, and after tracker-processes -r and tracker-processes --hard-reset and a mediaplayer re-index everything on device (internal and sd memory) shows up in the mediaplayer...

I'm lost, so any definitive advice is appreciated.

Hmmmm... worked for me! Thanks guys. I notice a typo in what you typed in the Recap NoWatch path (.configure should be .config in post #3). Wonder if you've created and are working on the wrong copy?

Last edited by gs1; 2010-02-15 at 11:15. Reason: clarify