Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Then why did you buy it? It's clearly your own fault then. Or do you always buy expensive things you don't know anything or very little about? Maybe Nokia should sell the N900 with a huge stamp tagged "NO MMS and Sim Toolkit", so that guys like you won't have to rant all day long and bother others. You clearly don't understand how special the N900 is.
A friend of mine bought to me by mistake. Eventhough it is still my problem. I donīt use to buy something expensive without doing proper research.
A few weeks before I received it, I have searched google with things like "N900 gps problem" or "N900 firmware changelog" but nothing serious came out. Of course I never googled for MMS and stuff because I wrongly assumed will be supported.

Originally Posted by dhcmega View Post
A friend of mine bought to me by mistake. Eventhough it is still my problem. I donīt use to buy something expensive without doing proper research.
A few weeks before I received it, I have searched google with things like "N900 gps problem" or "N900 firmware changelog" but nothing serious came out. Of course I never googled for MMS and stuff because I wrongly assumed will be supported.
wait... so you actually got the N900 for free? ...

Man... I want friends like yours.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Iīm just thinking here that why would you guys with problem with this device make list of things that should be included out of box on this device. And it would also be nice if there was link to device that has it out of box so do not put applications that you can buy from store. It would be at least useful. Now all these threads are just useless.

It would also be great for people who are comparing this device to other devices. As chart what happens to be missing and what you think should be standard.

Here is start missing only links to other devices that have these and should be so called de facto:

- MMS
- Provisioning (Exchange 2003,2007)
- Voice control
- More profiles
- Contacts with different ringtones
....etc.

Use for example wiki here.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
wait... so you actually got the N900 for free? ...

Man... I want friends like yours.
jajajaj no! I have asked him to investigate prices and he just bought it, I have paid 653dls for it.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
...... You sound like an experienced user who knows what you want, so don't tell me you bought a quite expensive gadget without ......
no i dont think he is experienced, the way he compared cpu cycles and called nexus a double of n900.

Originally Posted by abubakar View Post
no i dont think he is experienced, the way he compared cpu cycles and called nexus a double of n900.
I donīt know how experienced I am, but I do know that cpu speed of different architecture should not be compared straight forward. Even compatibles ones as Intel and AMD.
But 1000 to 600 is a big difference any way and I found my self with a high load avg of 7, meaning a lack of proccess power.

I have red some comments like this:

Speed: Nexus One wins. Both are very fast phones and the Nokia N900's 600MHz Cortex A8 CPU with GPU is no slouch. But run 6 heavy programs at once and the N900 sometimes slows a bit while the Nexus One's 1 GHz Snapdron CPU keeps on truckin'.

Originally Posted by dhcmega View Post
Speed: Nexus One wins. Both are very fast phones and the Nokia N900's 600MHz Cortex A8 CPU with GPU is no slouch. But run 6 heavy programs at once and the N900 sometimes slows a bit while the Nexus One's 1 GHz Snapdron CPU keeps on truckin'.
Well 2 things:

1) "Heavy CPU" is subjective.. and there's no real way to get exact same "heavy" apps on both phones. So the "heavy" apps on N900 could be more demanding than the Android or vice versa...

2) Android stops letting you multi-task past those 6... whereas the N900 will allow to continue going.. and going.. and going....

And the comment as a whole is entirely subjective - based on POV of that user. I'm quite sure we could dig up comments from other reviewers that the N900 continues running smooth where android trudges because they ran a different set of apps and/or just noticed things differently.

Suffice to say... CPU-wise: Both are perfectly adequate for what they do.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks for your explanation. I have never used the Nexus so I only have what I get from Internet.

The phone sucks seriously.. I had it... defended it... but come guys its a fckng nerd phone let them nerds be happy with this... happy with my iPhone 3gs jailbroken.......!!!! ovi maps ? nahhh thank you free tomtom or navigon download.. resisetive crappy screen ?? nahh multitouch flawlessness.. complicated OS ? fat phone ? nahh sleek sexy simpel iPhone. oh and ZERO exciting apps...

Tags
it's not a phone!!!, nokia makes me sad, opinions