Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
did you read my first post in this thread?
there I've posted two links...
read them and you'll know how to use MSN with the inbuilt messenger...
Please point out that all software in testing or devel should be treated as dangerous and installing software from these repositories could seriously screw up your device.

zeh's howto will also allow you to use Facebook IM and other protocols.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by truslack View Post
Please point out that all software in testing or devel should be treated as dangerous and installing software from these repositories could seriously screw up your device.
In the How-Tos I've explicitly said, that extras-testing should be disabled after installing msn. I've also said, that in testing is unfinished software available. Also I've never pointed anyone to devel.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-01-31 at 21:25.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
did you read my first post in this thread?
there I've posted two links...
read them and you'll know how to use MSN with the inbuilt messenger...
Hey i have had my N900 since day one of its release (december not the trial version) and i love it.. i got the MSN pluggin ...all of them..it worked fine for a while but for the past month or more its been giving me a network error...what do i do to solve it?? pidgin works fine..but i like the pluggin more because it already on 24/7...

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
Hey i have had my N900 since day one of its release (december not the trial version) and i love it.. i got the MSN pluggin ...all of them..it worked fine for a while but for the past month or more its been giving me a network error...what do i do to solve it?? pidgin works fine..but i like the pluggin more because it already on 24/7...
try if a reboot fixes that.
if not ->
which plugin do you have?
please open the application manager, click on uninstall, click on the msn plugin, and click on details. there should be something like pecan, haze or butterfly.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I'm also getting network errors at random times, not even rebooting fixes it always... This is most common with MSN (Haze) but it has also happened with Skype a few times and when I used MSN-butterfly it happened almost all the time.
This happens on wifi and 3g, any ideas?
Pidgin works fine but I really don't like it in comparison with the integration when it works.