Active Topics

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Yeah, sure, Mr. Ripped-My-USB-Port-Clean-Out.
I said rarely, not never!

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
So how do we turn unconstructive whiners into constructive, useful community members?
Some you never will... but for the rest: patience, listening and obvious action on our parts. Isn't that what worked for you?

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Some you never will... but for the rest: patience, listening and obvious action on our parts. Isn't that what worked for you?
I was many things when I arrived here... but I don't think 'unconstructive' or 'whiner' are anywhere close. 'Totally Ignorant', 'Stupid', 'Asking the most basic (and sometimes brainless) questions' and maybe even 'Over-enthusiastic' might just cover it. Along with 'Excessive poster'.

Come to think of it, I haven't change much, have I1

Kathy you have to know I was teasing you.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Kathy you have to know I was teasing you.
You think I didn't notice?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
If people don't whine and complain, there will be no progress or improvements made.
It's part of human nature. We are never satisfied enough. It's a good thing really.

I'm sure you have gripes about the N900. It definitely has it's shortfalls. Some very big. No douting that. Constructive feedback or not, Nokia should listen to it all. Not every buyer is tech savvy. They shouldn't have to be to be able to enjoy the great web browser, multi-codec video player, built-in FM transmitter etc.

Nokia released a device. Which pretty much we ALL agree that it's not as robust and all around complete as some other current competitor devices. Even the OP said it's a mobile computer with cellphone capability. I say that to my friends also and I know what that implies. (It's not perfect, it's not for everyone, many won't like it)

If Nokia wants MORE people to stay with the Maemo and for a long time, it needs to be better and more accessible right from the start.

RIght now, if you don't come to the forums and know your way around computers, you only get to see and do about 20% of what N900 can do. (such as adding more repositories and getting access to about 400+ extra apps, using apt-get to get around failed installs or upgrades. manmually needing to edit files to even create your own folders in the launcher menu etc etc)

Heck, even the OVI store is BETA and it's been 3+ months since the N900 is released.

Anyways, even if I don't keep the N900 for a long time, my next phone will be a Maemo 6 device that's for certain.

I hope the next device is more complete.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-02-11 at 20:48.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ berkshire, england
I for one know i am here for the long haul , i have a 24 month contract on the phone !!!!

This board seems to me a fairly balanced placed , very helpful from what i have read , we need to stop it becoming too much one way or the other, like another board i was on recently where a phone named after a green tree growing fruit was treated like a GOD, and anyone who had problems was obviously mentally challenged..

My guess from what i have seen ( i work in the phone industry ) is people either don't know the device , the os (like me) or think it will be instantly capable of everything ..

just my 2p, i'll shut the door on my way out lol

James

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
If people don't whine and complain, there will be no progress or improvements made.
Progress comes from constructive criticism, not abject whining.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I agree with the OP.. Women are evil! >:-)

hahah.. I kid, I kid..

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
The most interesting thing in this thread so far for me is conversation between Texrat and RevdKathy.

The Following User Says Thank You to kopte3 For This Useful Post:

Tags
criticize > complain, interpretation, n900 = negativity, n900 sucks donkey balls, sexist arse, tags rule whiners drool