Active Topics

I posit that the average N900 user would like to be able to see from their device the current statuses of upcoming Maemo features and bug-fixes and be able to vote for which ones they would like. (All this without going to maemo.org.) I personally like thumbing through the current download list now and again to see what's there.

Possibly this could be almost like a cut-down brainstrom app for the N900. The idea would be to provide a way for users and developers to have a light-weight communications channel. Both features and bugs could be proposed/reported and voted on by users and developers could give a one sentence status response (bugfix coming in next release; feature not wanted by enough users as yet; etc.).

Do people think this is a sane idea or that it would just be too noisy a channel?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamsrp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I am working on developing the framework for such a thing as we speak. Presentation due shortly.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Sweet, great minds and all that

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
Interesting, this is what Asa (Mozilla guru) proposed in a way in one of his comments on my blog (last comment).