i would like to know how to connect your n800 up to the internet

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have a wireless router at home and connect using that. I have also connected via free wifi at a library and at several coffee shops and at hotels.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by robbo View Post
i would like to know how to connect your n800 up to the internet
What do you mean by this? There are only a couple of options and wlan is the fastest if available. You can also use your phone as a modem via bluetooth connection.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Gillingham, UK
Ya wanna connect my N800 up to the internet? Whats the catch?

Seriously . . . at the moment im using my (t)rusty old windows mobile device. A 3G enabled T-Mobile MDA Pro using BT DUN.

The connection works fine but has a habbit of not being able to reconnect when the connection is dropped. I have to slap the drop call key (red phone key) before attempting another BT DUN connection with it.

Looking forward to receiving my N73 at some point this week or early next to overcome this problem.

So theres that and Wi-Fi wherever I finds it

Ta

Dave

I use a wireless networking protocol based on the 802.11 family of standards; it uses the electromagnetic spectrum in the 2.4 GHz range to exchange data with an access point that is the connection that ties wireless communication devices into a network. Also known as a base station, the access point is usually connected to a wired network.

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

awesome barry; you keep a straight face.

The Cingular 8525 is shipping to my house, arrival date: Friday 6/15.
I got it for $99.99 'cause its "refurbished" (i.e. has a cingular label in an increasingly ATT corporate environment).

It does the 3G thing, and the only reason I took this horrific dive into windows land is to update the 400mhz samsung dog to Windows Mobile 6 black-hack.

For personal reasons, I will revert back to N800 xterm often.

dcarter

thanks a lot! i know the question sounded dumb but my knowledge of n800 and other devices is not too good? so i am trying to find out as much about them as pos. to make a dicission whether or not to get one.

II connect using wifi at home and using wifi at starbucks and borders. I also use a 3g cell phone connection like others in this thread.

Last edited by ctfoley; 2007-06-24 at 18:19.