Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Ok on the N810 at least dont start it as a new account, start with use an existing accont, i did and it works.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Now that this is up and running we ofcourse no longer nead the facebook chat that was built into pecan I think it was. Is there an easy way to delete facebook contact info from contacts that was introduced in pecan? I tried deleting my facebook account from the device but the facebook info is still in my contacts.
did u find ur 'fb-username' ?

Originally Posted by izzox View Post
did u find ur 'fb-username' ?
Yes I found on the other thread that you had to click a link and then when you do facebook will ask you to create a username so I did that and it is up and running for me.

Is anyone else finding that the avatars for most of their facebook contacts is missing. And Hermes doesn't pick up the facebook contacts for some reason so that is not a solution. Could be pretty annoying. Also I am trying to work through to see who to delete and I am very bad with names so need to decide based on their pictures.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Is anyone else finding that the avatars for most of their facebook contacts is missing. And Hermes doesn't pick up the facebook contacts for some reason so that is not a solution. Could be pretty annoying. Also I am trying to work through to see who to delete and I am very bad with names so need to decide based on their pictures.
Just added it on my N900 and for the avatars give it a while it will populate, and reboot as well after 10 min or so, as far as Hermes it definitely isn't integrated good enough and you'll get a lot of duplicates, Im probably going to remove FB from my groups because it populates my contact list too inconsistently.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Just added it on my N900 and for the avatars give it a while it will populate, and reboot as well after 10 min or so, as far as Hermes it definitely isn't integrated good enough and you'll get a lot of duplicates, Im probably going to remove FB from my groups because it populates my contact list too inconsistently.
Thanks. Just to be sure if I delete someone from the device that doesn't mean I delete them from being a facebook friend does it? Don't want each one of my facebook friends occupying prime space on my N900 and being able to chat with me at random but doesn't mean I want to delete them as facebook friends.

Yeah thats why Im probably not going to keep fb on my n900 it is not ironed out enough, I dont think the jabber client would delete friends from your fb profile, but I bet everytime they sign in you'd have to delete again.

Is it me, or is a huge war brewing between FB and Google with Buzz being introduced and now FB going with Jabber and Project Titan...

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
i'm having a hard time registering it telling my user name or password is invalid? anyone else?

I didn't have to actually register, just logged in and it worked!

Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
i'm having a hard time registering it telling my user name or password is invalid? anyone else?
Dont register as a new account, start it as an existing account....throw a thanks ;-)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZackMorris For This Useful Post: