Active Topics

Poll: Did you sell your N900?
Poll Options
Did you sell your N900?

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I realized, by the way, that your poll succinctly shows how to write such a skewed poll.

You give a few options and force people who don't agree with you a utopian, practically impossible choice to express their disagreement.

Example: How do you feel about Obama? (This is not a political statement. Do NOT try this poll at home!)

1. Obama is the Messiah.

2. Obama has some real problems.

Obviously, the same people willing to respond with alternative 1 are the kind of people who would be willing to say that the N900 is "fraking awesome". So, if your aim is to construct a poll giving option 2 a huge advantage, you have demonstrated the algorithm.
Fairly sure, I stated in my OP that this was merely a test to get the statistical numbers.

You have three options. Either choose that you like the device, choose that it doesn't fit your needs and you got rid of it or don't choose at all.

Bringing ideological examples of your frustration into a simplified numerical poll is simply unjustified and unwarranted nor was their any mention of an "issue" or "problem" with the device in the OP. Your confused assumption/conclusion only adds to the useless, baseless, merit-less trolls roaming these forums, looking for attention wherever they may find it.

Like I said before and I'll say it again. I did this simply for the statistical numbers - I am an N900 owner, I love my device, didn't find recent polls (after people have had time to use their device and get into the intricate details of such) of the aforementioned topic.

If you'd like to be negative and bring up in-accurate ideological examples of a person's post without knowing what you're talking about please do it somewhere else.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
And why is this not in "Off Topic"?

I would love to hold a poll with the question

"How many people think the same *****s who keep starting these backhanded bashing threads need a punch directly to the genitals?"

* YES
* YES BUT HARDER
* YES WITH AN ADDED NURPLE
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I would love to hold a poll with the question

"How many people think the same *****s who keep starting these backhanded bashing threads need a punch directly to the genitals?"

* YES
* YES BUT HARDER
* YES WITH AN ADDED NURPLE
What's stopping you?? Making polls is what all the cool kids appear to be doing today...

I might actually vote on that one too .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Santiago, Chile
77h is happy with his n900 & is not going to sell it.
he does not hate nokia & hopes maemo 6 will come to n900 although he does not really care too much.....

he agrees with the sentment on this forum that there are already enough questions asking the same:

would you buy again
have you sold
do you regret
do you want to kiss stephe jobs
is the ipad the better n900
is the n900 the better ipad
are you angry for not having turn by turn
will you for ever leave nokia for not having turn by turn
are you angry for not having mms
will you for ever leave nokia for not having mms?

got to love ctr C & CTR V on my n900

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Voted "yes", cause technically I've sold "my" (DDP discounted) n900 to the other person.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
And why is this not in "Off Topic"?
because it's a thread about the N900?

what a strange attitude....

btw, the poll is lacking a third choice: "think it's a fun toy, bought a second one".

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
If you really wanted statistical numbers, the options should have been "Yes" and "No" (to the question "Did you sell your N900").

Introducing the qualifiers, as you have, to the simple answers invites the response "I'm not going to answer your poll as it is poorly structured" - and, as such, does little to get you the numbers you say you seek.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
I haven't returned my N900 banking on this phone to fullfil its full potential. I got my phone on a 18-Month contract with vodafone paying £40.00 a month and the device was free!
I wouldnt return it based on the priceplan alone lol.
I will admit like most that im very disappointed with the level of support from Nokia for this handset. The Maemo community ought to be commended for the desire and hard work put to making this device worth it. Nokia have almost given up on supporting this phone with innovative apps and true integration with ovi store. Imagine the N900 with over 10,000 apps and games....just the thought is mouth watering!

Lets hope for a busy summer lol

Yes, I have not sold my phone,
No, I don't agree that this poll has value

Vote Now! Because we all know voting on a forum gives the true story.

Tags
n900s for sale!!!!!!, pearls to swine, revenge postings