Active Topics

I am still as disappointed with how poorly the n800 does with flash content as I am please with how well it does everything else. I got tired of missing out on viewing windows media files .wmv, so I found mplayer on maemo.org and decided to give it a spin. It is brilliant with FLV files - that one had me scratching my head, given the poor performance on youtube and normal flash content. But it is absolutely miserable with .wmv files - just awful.

Does anybody have a suggestion for a replacement app? is there a way to make the browser work with links to movies like on my PC?

Is there any chance that a new update will come soon to fix the performance problems?

Thanx for reading,
JJG

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I am not sure what you mean but with the fix xserver patch mplayer plays fine for me....
And I watch flv files just fine.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by SeRi@lDiE View Post
I am not sure what you mean but with the fix xserver patch mplayer plays fine for me....
And I watch flv files just fine.
me too I can watch flv files fine. But I think garciajj was talking about poor performances on .wmv files, which is actually real, especially for the fact that, as far as I know, the ones of the latest version cannot be played at all

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
me too I can watch flv files fine. But I think garciajj was talking about poor performances on .wmv files, which is actually real, especially for the fact that, as far as I know, the ones of the latest version cannot be played at all
Yeah, flv files work great! I am not sure what patch was being referenced there. I already flashed my n800 a couple of months ago with the latest code I saw.

Which patch was being referred to?

JJG

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
There is a xserver patch that increases video performance in the N800 check the mplayer thread out.

The Following User Says Thank You to SeRi@lDiE For This Useful Post: