Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i want to get this working but its too involved and i dont have any ps3 controllers anyway.. thanks

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
puffo, i have the exact same symptoms as you... have you made any progress? Smoku, we're stuck! Can you help us?
I've updated the kernel and kernel packages yesterday with properly build ones from the original sources. If you used any of my .install files, you have 'Xiaoka Maemo Extras' repository added to application manager. Just install sixaxis-support package and do an update - this will update your kernel packages.

Originally Posted by wickedgtr1 View Post
once this is done -- I believe the controller should work, and this is where I am stuck.

jstest /dev/input/js0 -- does show the input from the PS3 controller but none of the commands from the PS3 appear to make it any further then that, -- no keyboard mappings at least.
This is where the xserver-xorg-joystick package takes over and emulates key presses and mouse of the data received from /dev/input/js0

Check whether you have /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi in place on your N900. If so, do a reboot and try again.

P.S. Thanks for sharing your experience and tips. I updated the guide.

Last edited by smoku; 2010-02-06 at 08:31.

Originally Posted by wickedgtr1 View Post
If you haven't already program the PS3 controller with your N900's bluetooth MAC Address (must do this from a desktop PC running linux, or a VM that supports device pass through to a linux vm - VMware Workstation 7 with Debian worked perfectly for me)
Windows users may try: http://bqron.free.fr/PS3/BT/BtSix.1.5b.zip
This is something Google found for me. I have no Windows, so I cannot check it myself.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
i want to get this working [...] i dont have any ps3 controllers anyway.. thanks
You want us to sponsor you one?

Originally Posted by smoku View Post
This is where the xserver-xorg-joystick package takes over and emulates key presses and mouse of the data received from /dev/input/js0

Check whether you have /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/x11-sony-sixaxis.fdi in place on your N900. If so, do a reboot and try again.

P.S. Thanks for sharing your experience and tips. I updated the guide.
glad I could help - but none of it is possible without you

I have the was already rebooting, saw that your update was now available, installed it.

The files do exist - so I rebooted again (just to be safe after the update)

PS3 controller connects quickly, but no mapped keys -- I am testing in the x-term window to see if any of the PS3 keys type the letters - is that acceptable for testing ?

is there any process (ps -ef | grep ????) that I can look for to see if the key-mapper is running ? or something I can test with ?

At this point I am ready to recovery-flash the n900, restore backup, and try your latest package to see if it works properly...

Side note -- is your installer/package optified ?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/...opt_and_MyDocs

(sorry about all the posts)

does this version have the status bar portion ? I have no new options listed there.

edit: while the PS3 Controller is connected of course....

Last edited by wickedgtr1; 2010-02-06 at 08:52.

edit: works now

Last edited by CrckMc; 2010-02-06 at 09:46.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I've updated the kernel and kernel packages yesterday with properly build ones from the original sources. If you used any of my .install files, you have 'Xiaoka Maemo Extras' repository added to application manager. Just install sixaxis-support package and do an update - this will update your kernel packages.

wont let me install sixaxis-support due to kernels ??

edit: had to manually update kernels but still cant install sixaxis-support

sixaxis-support breaks 3rd party package policy....

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-02-06 at 09:46.