Notices

This is great, the app works perfectly for me.

SO how does one go about finding new channels, especial live channels and hopefully sports channels ???

My Blog

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cape Town
Just wondering if something like tvgorge could be integrated? http://www.tvgorge.com/ - it's not live but it does stream episodes of many different tv programs... I know it doesn't really fit in with what worldtv is about (watching live tv channels) but it would be cool to be able to browse and watch what they they have via kmplayer!

One other question, what is the advantage of using mplayer? It seems to work fine for me and I don't have mplayer installed afaik...

The Following User Says Thank You to joelus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
This is great, the app works perfectly for me.

SO how does one go about finding new channels, especial live channels and hopefully sports channels ???
1) go to the sport page web site or whatever internet channel that interested you, carefully, meticulously looked for mobile, cellphone, itune, rss things like that. Usually it is next to the bottom last line where they put contact us, or extremely not conspicuous. Open the links, run it on PC, see wthether it is a working one, then try it on KMPlayer on your N900.

2) If it is NOT flash, very rare nowaday, you can right click on the screen where the streaming media is, and look at properties, that is where you find the http://, or mms:// links. I have not seen such media for a year, now adobe flash overtake everything. And I have NO IDEA where the links is embedded in adobe flash, may be some guru can throw in some idea where to look.

3) sometimes, you get lucky with google. Google the working internet channel together with keywords like, itune, rss, cellphone, mobile etc, for example, for ESPN, I would google "ESPN itune" and see what comes up.

good luck

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
The fox links are outrage fake links listed by the Fox The link showed up as a link, and when clicked on it, it turned into a page showing all kind of exciting titles, period. They are one line title, very fancy tilte, but there is no content! What kind of web page they are pulling!

Have not looked at the CNN. Still puzzling what kind of trick FOX is trying to pull, show people that they are interested in internet audience but do not what to give out media free?

A few of the links does have contents, but there is enough fake links to discourage for further pursuit. I guess you probably hit the few that has real contents.

bun
HAHAHA! I see you hit the same conundrum I did. Well, here's how I solved it. Fox isn't hiding their links. What they're doing is they're hiding their RSS feed in a specific format that's not viewable directly by a browser. If you view it from a browser, it looks like a lot of lines of useless text, or false links, but nothing you can click on. But if you view the source, it's XML formatted in probably one of the weirdest RSS formats I've ever seen. There was a trick I found somewhere on their page (might have to go link diving again to find it) that allows you to specify on the page what format you want the RSS feed to appear in, and then listed 5-7 of them, one being Fireburner.

I've actually begun parsing these rss feeds for my daily news podcast download and discovered that through some trial and error. ^_^

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
What is the bottom line? Take the links and change the extension to .xml will then work?

bun

Ok, here's the simplest way I can think of. Start here: http://www.foxnews.com/rss/index.html

Click on one of the links you want and it'll take you over to the RSS feed. (this doesn't work by going there directly for some reason as it determines what it gives you by your cookies, and if you click through it'll give you the choice of changing RSS types). Now, in the upper right hand corner is a link that says "Show all subscription options." If you click that, it'll give you a list of seven different formats you can use. Play with them until you find one that works. I just use the outlook version and then use a parser in turn to rip the latest stream links.

Originally Posted by joelus View Post
...One other question, what is the advantage of using mplayer? It seems to work fine for me and I don't have mplayer installed afaik...
mplayer plays a broader spectrum of video formats but not as good as the built-in media player. So, you will see more channel with mplayer but some are with severe AV desync, esp those mp4s

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
How goes the work on the links? Need anymore help, or links or anything like that?

The Fox links stints, It wasted me a couple hours, solid hours, got nothing out of it, I tried various combinations, different RSS format...I have to say I got defeated.

Whereas the CNN works fine. I added 12 of them, thanks, works supergood and super smooth in streaming and is very hi quality in video. Well, I still hope this is a WorldTV, instead TV for america only. I am still searching for links, any links anywhere are welcome,

early version (0.2.0): news and nature
current version (0.4.0): entertainment
coming version (so soon, you may be shocked ): health and food

The new edition will have.......

France24 - 24, I mean 24 individual stations including showbiz! and half of them are refreshed daily!
PBS 25 + 6 archived, nature, science, animal planets - MY FAVORITE
Reuters News 12 of them
Australia 6 entertainment and 2 news - hope the downunder is getting happy about this

Titlewise, you are going for a treat, health, food, cooking, cuisines does that make you hungry?

Plus a new user-interface!

any help are greatly welcome!

And we are attempting to backport WorldTV99 0.4 version to N8x0 which is extremely difficult because of the HW difference as well as lack of some video codec.......we are trying to make a little smile on every N8x0 owners.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-16 at 03:08.

http://blog.unixmen.com/2009/12/120-...tv-online.html

Well, try some of those sites and see if they help. Not all of them work (about 70% are still valid), but there are a number of sites in that list with foreign streams.

Tags
kmplayer, tvs, videocenter, worldtv99