Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
Try updating the location server from the default nokia server to google's at supl.google.com this made the ovi maps obtain a lock so much faster for me..

does anyone have any idea when sygic will be released?
How do you do this?

Originally Posted by polarnicka View Post
Sygic will sell individual packages of groups of countries, but also package of whole Europe and package of all US countries.
Great news indeed, looking forward to the release :-)

I don't suppose you have a Maemo 4.1 (Diablo) version in the works too?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
The price has to be right considering that maemo can still get the free ovimaps, and the other gps apps that are being tested like navit.
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
I only way i will get this is if it's FREE since Ovi Nav is already FREE and Ovi Nav is better than this. It does no justification to buy a program that ISN'T BETTER THAN THE FREE VERSION.
Does OviMaps really appear to be that qualitatively competitive with Sygic?

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
seriously you are better off buying a second hand 5800 and using ovi maps with all maps u wish for near the same price as sygic with all the individual maps for n900
Well, there is something to be said about that argument about carrying around multiple devices. If you're paying only slightly less than a used 5800 to have Sygic, and you have the benefit of carrying around only that ONE device that's always around when you need it (be it in your own car, in a rental car that you didn't expect you'd need, or in an outing with friends and need impromptu directions, etc.).

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
you don't even know how much Sygic will cost...
What do you think it should cost? Just curious to see what people think is fair.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Or if its ever will be released to public...
A SYGIC CYNIC!

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by polarnicka View Post
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Katarina
Katarina,

I've already contacted Sygic through email asking about Brazil maps availability, and they say it will be launched in the future since N900 was not officially launched so it is not a priority. Please confirm if you have any idea about this time gap between the official launch and the addition of Brazil maps.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
What do you think it should cost? Just curious to see what people think is fair.
exactly the same as on the other platforms.

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
exactly the same as on the other platforms.
Which is...? (I have no idea) ...or are you implying they should all jsut be the same, despite whether they fall or rise in price?

Why the hell it's still now out now ?

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
Why the hell are you saying 'why the hell?' You sound impatient. You must REALLY like Sygic.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Can't wait for this to come out, should be good (although besides the ridiculously long load time, I dont mind ovi maps that much).

PS: Grats on 1000 posts Danramos!

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
I think that the hold up is Nokia getting their Ovi store to work properly. According to Sygic they have been asked by Nokia to release it thru the Ovi store. Sygic has submitted it to Nokia 1/14/10 and Nokia has not "approved" it yet. I think that they should bypass the Ovi store and sell direct.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlpmail For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn