Active Topics

Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
Only use a lanyard.
Was using one of them and found the phone to be a bit of a drag when I used the lanyard round my neck... Phone would weigh me down lol!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I'm using one of the cheap chinese screen protectors from ebay, with a hole for the speaker & cutout around the camera and LED/sensors. I bought a set of 3 and it also came with a cleaning cloth.

Here's my advice for applying a screen protector:

First advice when buying these cheap chinese protectors: never use the included cloth. They suck and will leave small fibers/lint on your screen, which causes bubbles... bad. Instead I used a real microfiber cloth & lens cleaner to clean the screen.

Second trick: go into the bathroom & turn on hot shower, so the room becomes humid. You don't want it to be so hot that your screen gets steamed up, but if it is very humid it will prevent tiny dust particles from being attracted to the screen. Again this will keep you away from bubbles under your protector.

Finally is to only peel a small part of the backing off, maybe 2cm. Apply this small part until you get it straight, and then you can slowly apply the protector at about a 90 degree angle as you unpeel the backing. If you're very lucky, you applied it straight and have no bubbles.

In my 3 pack the first one I accidentally dropped on the floor :'( and the second had a manufacturing defect (speaker hole punch was not punched all the way, piece was stuck to the protector... I would ruin it by trying to unpeel it myself). Third one went on perfectly straight, the best job I've ever done... except it has a tiny piece of dirt on the very edge. Thankfully the protector is larger than the screen of the phone, so it does not affect my usage.

The screen protector itself did not change the colors, no rainbow effect. It seems to be more prone to fingerprints than the actual screen, and drag/swipe motion with the stylus is a tiny bit more difficult because the protector is a little softer than the screen, so it requires more careful pressure.

I now have 1 small scratch on the protector, so I'm glad I used it.

I never used a protector on my N95, but the screen on that was like a rock, nothing can scratch it

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post: