Notices

I'm gonna vote for the following channels, although I don't know how to get these streams.

bbc news 24
abc
msnbc
bbc 1
bbc 2
bbc 3
bbc 4
history
espn sports
fox sports
channel 4 uk
any movie channels
Sci-Fi/SyFy Channel (******ed name change btw.)
Any east cost news channels, such as detroit, boston, NY, etc. WoodTV8 is one that would be a great addition as far as an East Coast/Northeast news channel goes. So is WILX, and channel 50 out of Detroit. (not sure what it's designation is anymore)
Also, if someone could round up a couple of news and TV channels out of Japan, that would rock. If all you can get is news, I think JNN should work too. Here's a list of channels that support JNN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_News_Network

Thanks! Oh, and for the person who mentioned about National Geographic, it's already in the list, but it's currently broken due to Google taking over Feedburner and more or less raping half the feeds on it. (*grumble, mutter, rant*) It'll be back soon...hopefully. Either way, it's being worked on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
I spent the last 4 hrs working on only 1 subject, national geographics, google it, you are going to find there is only one channel is FREE, all else are by subscriptions. Screw them. Well, the FREE one is now in, let see how long it last. The Free one is called dog whisperer.

Will be for the next update.
Bloomberg is a goner
BBC changed their links, this killed ALL BBC news channel except LookNorth

bun

Are you considering adding any of the channels from the list I posted ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Arif For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arif View Post
Are you considering adding any of the channels from the list I posted ?
Unbelievable, except the 1st 3, Kanal 7 and Ulke, they ALL work. Likely All but those will be in the next update. That is a great help for the Europeans, TIA,

bun

Wait, you found a working National Geographic link that's free, and it's about dogs!? And the good ones are all by subscription!? Good lord, they must not care about their web users. Bah, humbug.

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Wait, you found a working National Geographic link that's free, and it's about dogs!? And the good ones are all by subscripti
on!? Good lord, they must not care about their web users. Bah, humbug.
You got that right, it is called dog whisperer! I like dog, but I would like to see something more rare, like dauphin, whale, monkey, snake, lion, jaggaur..................no. There is only dog!

Anyhow, we do have discovery channel, discovery news video, and discovery audio (its called audio, but it has mp4! dont ask me why) they are all there plus oregon zoo, oh, trekkar traveller too, and the next edition will have animal planet, hooray! Unfortunately PBS NOVA and PBS Nature both gone

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-01 at 14:58.

Wait, PBS Nova and Nature went away!? How? I just got done playing with them recently. Here's the links I used, and they still work.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/rss/nova-vodcast-pb.xml
http://feeds.feedburner.com/NaturePodcasts

I did take a look at your xml file, and you've got " PBS|" in front of the URLs, thus breaking them. Correct that small typo in your original file (or just add these back in) and you should be just fine.

Good job, that is exactly what it is, a typo, glad you found it. Now both Nova and Nature are back in. TIA,

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2010-02-03 at 05:13.

You're welcome. Anything we can do to help is a benefit to you, just as much as the awesome stuff you do for us is a benefit to us. Keep up the good work!

http://www.woodtv.com/subindex/video/live_video

Here's one for you. It's a live tv news stream, and it's setup to play through a flash player. But the stream ID information is embedded in the actual page, about halfway down where the flash player entry is. (Just search for "get the flash player" and it'll be right in that area.) If someone can take that URL and dissect it, we can get a stream right from them. It's using a weird protocol, but it should be playable by most players.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/news/live_stream_2

Here's another stream you can play with too. You'll have to dissect it like the other one, but in the end you'll have another good east coast broadcast stream. (I wish they'd just do a direct stream instead of this bs.)

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2010-02-03 at 04:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lord Raiden For This Useful Post:

Tags
kmplayer, tvs, videocenter, worldtv99