Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
Ist possible to ssh the files to the N900??

And thanks alooooot for the extra levels

oh yeah if you know whats your doing.
As well as the phone being so cool, that i can use vi to edit the level while sitting on the bus and test it instantly.

ive been using komodo as an editor on my lap top to edit the files (using ssh) direct on the phone.

so if you untar and unzip the files on a different machine you can ssh them across. Assuming you have the ssh server installed on the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Since the Pack has 300 views. Is there really that many people on this site , and then interested in the pack. or has one of you looked at it 257 times?

and this level has only 9 views and is NOT in the pack do to its Insane high Score. Ive attached it again here.
copy it over file Level38.lua in pack2 directory to place it in Position 11. HOW EVER AS I HAVE SAID AND WILL KEEP SAYING THIS WILL TRASH THE HIGH SCORE FOR WHEN YOU GET THE REAL PACK 2

when a new pack 2 is released with more levels you will need to move this somewhere else. but by then you will have completed it.

OK here it is. Meteor Shower. This one has a high score of about 614100 well thats my SCORE :-)

I have had to gzip this one as the files too big.

due to this massive score . I dont plan to put this one in the tar, unless enough people specificly say it should be included.

The plan originally was that the longer you took the higher the score but the harder it was to complete.

but i discovered that the level continues even after all pigs are dead untill all objects stop moving.

so it wasnt quite what i wanted. but its not to bad in the end

Those of you looking at creating levels, might want to look at code as ive used loops and created groups so. if i move the x,y of one of the bird houses the whole structre moves. including the pig inside.
Attached Files
File Type: gz meteor_shower.txt.gz (5.8 KB, 146 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to cgarvie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cgarvie View Post

Since the Pack has 300 views. Is there really that many people on this site , and then interested in the pack. or has one of you looked at it 257 times?

and this level has only 9 views.
There's a simple explanation: First pack is easy to install/copy/"whatever you want to call it", while this one looks a bit tricky. It isn't, i know.. but the first impression is that it is.

I sugest you (or anyone else) make a simple "how to" on this particular level, just like:

If you wish to try out this level, you only need to:
a) Delete the content on file "Level38.LUA"
b) Copy the content inside the .txt file provided for download on this reply.
c) paste the content inside file "Level38.LUA" and save changes.

You can do this using "WinSCP" from your laptop.
This is, IMO, the best way for me to understand it, as a noob..

due to this massive score . I dont plan to put this one in the tar, unless enough people specificly say it should be included.
I WANT IT!

Those of you looking at creating levels, might want to look at code as ive used loops and created groups so. if i move the x,y of one of the bird houses the whole structre moves. including the pig inside.
Messing with x,y moves houses/etc, but what if we want to add birds/pigs/etc? Are you interested on making an "how to" on it? (for newbies)

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
There's another thread about editing levels. This is about custom, user-made levels and how to install them.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

:-)
yeah that is a puzzle isnt it :-)
and the piggy thats there isway to easy to kill to be the whole level.

plus if you look at the level name (always a good idea with my levels)

you will see its Called "Oh Piggy Where art thou"

dont want to spoil it just yet. But if you fail to complete it after some more attempts and a little thought.

Give me a shout.
Ok Cgarvie. I am totally stumped on 2-7. I have no idea how to end this level. A little help, please

Originally Posted by eyokojc View Post
Ok Cgarvie. I am totally stumped on 2-7. I have no idea how to end this level. A little help, please
PM sent so not to spoil it for anyon else

I don't know if anyone else has already found it, but I've just discovered the way for not having the pack 2 completed (the original one, when we'll buy it) and for resetting the high score.

Actually you can even boost your highscore as high as you want, look at my high score in Level 1!

THANKS!!! Was so sad when the new level were not available from Ovi Store.

Originally Posted by torpedo48 View Post
I don't know if anyone else has already found it, but I've just discovered the way for not having the pack 2 completed (the original one, when we'll buy it) and for resetting the high score.

Actually you can even boost your highscore as high as you want, look at my high score in Level 1!

yeah just worked this part out yesterday but been installing a new mythtv set up, so not had time to work out best way to passinfo on.

yeah its ok to edit file, but we want to make it simpler for newbs.
Id love to know if my pack really has had 500 unique views. I never expected so many.

not that ive had much feed back.

so come on peeps good or bad let me know what you like or dislike.

I just installed your level pack follow the instruction on NokiaExperts . So good, thank you very much cgarvie. I have a question, since this level pack in active using the button reserve for world 2, what will happen if the level pack available again? is it gonna stop me from playing your level and Rovio world 2 ???????? I am a noob about maemo soooooo.......