Notices

I think you don't need to extract anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to Progger For This Useful Post:
Speaking of the 7gb English Wikipedia dump, does anyone know where to get ahold of it? I'm to understand it's freely available via bittorrent or something. You just have to go grab it. But I'm turning up blanks finding info on it. Either that or my search skill suck. >.<

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Speaking of the 7gb English Wikipedia dump, does anyone know where to get ahold of it? I'm to understand it's freely available via bittorrent or something. You just have to go grab it. But I'm turning up blanks finding info on it. Either that or my search skill suck. >.<
On prev page is torrent for aardict. Here are SQL & XML: http://download.wikimedia.org/enwiki/20091017/ this is right now still dumping so may have to click on 'previous dump' which is from 20091009. I suggest to grab the pages-articles.xml.bz2

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
torrent links at http://aarddict.org/ (you can also buy dvds now)

just download the 7GB file, put on the SD card, and open it with aarddict. no extra space needed. the file aread has a very fast index in it (which makes it bigger than the plain xml dump). it takes a few days (on a fast pc) to convert the raw dump to aard format.

currently 4 seeds and 2 downloaders on enwiki ( http://208.78.98.251:6969/ )

Last edited by ssam; 2009-10-21 at 22:25.

awesome, that's what i needed to know.

i was worried, because converting a wikidump of simple wiki for the application wikitaxi took ages, and simple wiki is tiny compared to the full english version, so the fact the the aard torrents are pre-converted is very important to me.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Nomad
Ive gotten the 7.2gb enwiki installed and running in a debian chroot on the n900 now Its pretty quick too!

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Manchester
cool. please keep the torrent seeding as long as you can. thanks

Originally Posted by realitygaps View Post
Ive gotten the 7.2gb enwiki installed and running in a debian chroot on the n900 now Its pretty quick too!

good pic cheers, but what is the importance of rthe debian chroot in this context?

Is there already a version of aarddict running in "normal" maemo 5 environment on n900 (without debian chroot)?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
I'm noob but can't we find a way to use WikiTaxi? And then, we'll just have to open the dump...

I mean...is that possible?