Notices

Old question:
Is it possible to play flash files outside of the browser?

Someone should make a flash application if not.

edit: You can play flash files in Kmplayer... Performance is a lot better than the browser

Last edited by bachagabriel; 2010-02-02 at 17:38.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Yes and already made.

nevermind... I just found out you can use Kmplayer...

It's a lot better than the browser

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
Is it possible to open a video that i'm watching on the browser directly in kmplayer in a easy way? I remember that in my N96 in the option i could easily open the video from youtube in the Real player and the experience was smoother.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
Originally Posted by sinetype View Post
Is it possible to open a video that i'm watching on the browser directly in kmplayer in a easy way? I remember that in my N96 in the option i could easily open the video from youtube in the Real player and the experience was smoother.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough. If i'm browsing a website with some vids in it (the vids are not embebed from youtube) i can watch them on the browser (but it's slow). Can i, for exemple, get the url from the video and open it in KMplayer? i mean, i tryed with youtube url but it didn't work... Maybe it's easy and i'm just doing something wrong...

See here how you can stream online flash files into (k)mplayer: http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...er_application

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bachagabriel View Post
nevermind... I just found out you can use Kmplayer...

It's a lot better than the browser
Yes it is when it comes to streaming files smoothly, but in the end browsers embedded flash and kmplayer (mplayer) flash are not comparable. Mplayer will never ever be able to render webpage at same time so mplayer is quite bad when you want to watch webpage AND flash.

Which brings me to my next question, why is flash so crappy?
It's obvious they have simply abused the PC GHZ boom and now with mobile technology they've hit a wall.

I'm no programmer but it's ridiculous for sites like youtube (others are FAR worse) to need so much cpu. My core duo is underclocked @ 800mhz but the second I start a youtube video it rockets @ 3ghz

If adobe were to go broke today and all the internet videos would become divx/xvid I'd thow a party for 2 weeks in a row!