Active Topics

Notices

Hi Bratag,

I tried installing this and it said that i was conflicting with these libraries.... libqt4-maemo5-dbus, libqt4-mamemo5-xml, libqt4-maemo5-network

I had pypianobar installed previously, i un-installed it and pianobar prior but, something seems messed up now, bc i cant install qtpianobar or pypianobar now...

What am i missing?

Last edited by karim0028; 2010-01-30 at 16:28.

Sorry, it said it conflicted with those qt4 packages..... How can i fix that?

its saying you have a conflict with those probably because its trying to download a newer version of thw qt4-gui and qt4-core. Those being the only two libs it actually requires. Try updating your other libs.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Bratag,

Pretty cool! Is there any way you can view the album covers and artist info like on the official Pandora application? Thanks for working on this and I hope you will continue to refine the application. This solution is much better than Pandora through the N900 browser at this point, because it doesn't sputter and I can browse and do other things on the device with Pandora merrily playing away in the background -- excellent!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by karmicguy View Post
Bratag,

Pretty cool! Is there any way you can view the album covers and artist info like on the official Pandora application? Thanks for working on this and I hope you will continue to refine the application. This solution is much better than Pandora through the N900 browser at this point, because it doesn't sputter and I can browse and do other things on the device with Pandora merrily playing away in the background -- excellent!

Cheers!
New version out. Changes

* Added next song preview text. The app only gives 3 songs at a time so this may sometimes say no song in queue. It will pick up 3 more the next song advance
* Added ability to configure username/password from menu. This will also create a default config file if you dont have one.
* Added album art. This I am not 100% happy with. Sometimes it doesn't pick up a cover because slothradio is pedantic about its searches. Sometimes you might just see the slthradio web page (or part of it) because the parser I use to pull the cover URL failed. I am working on a better method.

I am not 100% happy with the new layout, but I am playing around with the look of it.

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
* Added album art. This I am not 100% happy with. Sometimes it doesn't pick up a cover because slothradio is pedantic about its searches. Sometimes you might just see the slthradio web page (or part of it) because the parser I use to pull the cover URL failed. I am working on a better method.
Yeah I'm stuck on this. I have 2 methods.. one that I did for Sloth that works decent and doesn't take long - but because of Sloth's horrible search misses a few albums. Then I found a reference in Pandora FAQ's that they get their album covers from amazon so I found an Amazon parser... but it loads the search page, then the details page, then the image page, then grabs the image. That's 3 web-page loads in the background of the app and increases the album load time dramatically - but it gets a lot more album covers.

I didn't have the problem of parts of the slothradio page showing though... I'd be interested to see your Regex/parser for the graphic.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Yeah I'm stuck on this. I have 2 methods.. one that I did for Sloth that works decent and doesn't take long - but because of Sloth's horrible search misses a few albums. Then I found a reference in Pandora FAQ's that they get their album covers from amazon so I found an Amazon parser... but it loads the search page, then the details page, then the image page, then grabs the image. That's 3 web-page loads in the background of the app and increases the album load time dramatically - but it gets a lot more album covers.

I didn't have the problem of parts of the slothradio page showing though... I'd be interested to see your Regex/parser for the graphic.
Yeah I have a few tips for that stuff - PM me and perhaps we can get a ventrilo or irc session going rather than this message at a time stuff.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Was hoping someone could help me out. Firstly, this is a great application! Although I have a bit of a problem, and as more of a tinkerer than a dev, I am not sure how to troubleshoot.

I am able to install, load, and connect fine to pandora. Only problem is, when the track is playing there is no sound at all! I can even skip forward and back, and you can see the track countdown timer is going, however no audio comes out. Switch to any other app that has audio, and things work fine.

Any ideas?

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
Anyone that can help suggest some course of action?

Can you run "pianobar" from a terminal and let us know if it gives you any kind of error or warnings?
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!