Active Topics

Poll: Will this be your last Nokia product?
Poll Options
Will this be your last Nokia product?

Originally Posted by zfarooq View Post
if no update to maemo 6 it may well be the last product, all the other competitors (android, apple, and i sure palm) are doing it.
I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. I like this community and appreciate its effort in developing apps and helping members out. But i prefer PAID developers to develop apps, and provide support.

Originally Posted by grumps312 View Post
LET ME CLARIFY. i do not HATE OR DISLIKE MY N900, i LIKE IT, it DOES WHAT I WANT, and i like it. So stop making assumptions or false accusations that i hate it.

This post is not meant to be negative, maybe the way you view it is negative. This post is solely for seeing how many people will remain with Nokia. END OF DISCUSSION.
It doesn't matter that you know HOW TO WRITE IN BOLD CAPS this is a negative post BECAUSE YOU GAVE IT A NEGATIVE TITLE. Why didn't you ask 'Will you buy more Nokia Products in the Future?' - that wouldn't be negative.

And then there's the question of what's the point of this topic? What exactly are you hoping to find out with your poll? It's going to attract people with negative views because most people will pass over it. It's a negative pointless post a it's clagging up the forums.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
im one who said id never buy nokia again after the conned me out of 500 quid for the 'Nightmare97'
it is still sitting in its box waiting for a firmware that makes it work properly!
and ive been a nokia user for as long as i can remember,
but there was no other option for me when the n900 came along, im very happy with it (very very happy infact!)
ill chose nokia again if they have the best product available, at the moment there is no better phone than the n900, and there is no better OS than maemo5,
but im 100% sure n900 wont get maemo6, nokia want bigger profits, not loyal customers, and they will want their next maemo6 product to have an edge, dont forget were all beta testers if we bought a n900, nokia are hoping it will be a success so they can ditch symbian

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Honolulou
I've been a serious Nokia fan since the Nokia 232 from early 90's. I had countless Nokia phones since, 2190, 6190, 8290, 6900...N95, N95 8g, N96, N97, and now N900. I feel that as Nokia releases another phone their customer support and technical support goes downhill a little. They got worse and worse since when I had my first Nokia phone. I gave up after N95 and told myself I would never buy another Nokia product and eventhough I feel Nokia is always few steps behind the competition I end up buying the next, newest and the greatest model Nokia releases... I don't know why, maybe because brand loyalty? or maybe just to have a phone that nobody has? or maybe because I'm just a techno geek.

Anyhow, I bought the N900 because of the openess and the huge support from the community. If Nokia doesn't step up and release constant firmware updates, improvements, and fixes to the N900 I will not be buying any Nokia products in the future. Nokia really needs to learn to support their current products and keep customers happy. Instead they release half assed phones every few months and forget the older ones. I hope enough people around the world feel the way I do and hurt Nokia in their pockets a little.

Originally Posted by wizbowes View Post
It doesn't matter that you know HOW TO WRITE IN BOLD CAPS this is a negative post BECAUSE YOU GAVE IT A NEGATIVE TITLE. Why didn't you ask 'Will you buy more Nokia Products in the Future?' - that wouldn't be negative.

And then there's the question of what's the point of this topic? What exactly are you hoping to find out with your poll? It's going to attract people with negative views because most people will pass over it. It's a negative pointless post a it's clagging up the forums.
1- How is this a negative title? Maybe you view it as negative therefore think it is negative. This title is appropriate. Maybe you shouldn't be so negative in your life?

2- The point of this thread is customer loyalty. Will potential customers stick with Nokia, or they will leave Nokia because of some sort of situation.

I consider myself a Nokia fanboy, my first phone was a Nokia 3210, i had own atleast 4-5 Nokia. I have owned about 2 Sony Ericsson, Nokia is one of my favorite brands. The least i want to do is put a negative image of Nokia. But we need negatives for positives, each companies have their flaws.

Last edited by grumps312; 2010-01-28 at 20:36.

I have to agree with wizbowes... the framing of the title suggests a negative tone. It implies there is something wrong with the device, and thus - are people ditching it.

Asking someone "Would you purchase Nokia again?" is asking for their opinion in yes/no fashion and allots for them to be positive or negative.

Asking "Will that be your last Nokia purchase?" immediately implies some sort of negative previous context in which said recipient of the question did not like something about their device.

It's a simple matter of phrasing... and while neither is inherently wrong - I can see why people see it as negative.

I admit that when I first saw the title I immediately thought "Yet another N900 sucks thread."
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

YES, this will be my last Nokia phone IF iPhone 4 has the following:

1. Support Flash
2. At least 5.0MP camera
3. A FREE map navigation app w/ voice
4. Multi-tasks

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
YES, this will be my last Nokia phone IF iPhone 4 has the following:

1. Support Flash
2. At least 5.0MP camera
3. A FREE map navigation app w/ voice
4. Multi-tasks
So... if Apple recreates the N900... you'll switch? 3 of your 4 things come default with the device .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

I have to also agree with certain others. The wording in this topic is "****y" at best, underhanded, and just begging for troll fodder.

*shake-head*

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Do people normally know the brands they will purchase for the rest of their lives?