Poll: Does your n900 have the hazy image issue in the top corner?
Poll Options
Does your n900 have the hazy image issue in the top corner?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
I voted no. I took 3 pictures :
- Without Flash
- With Flash
- With Flash and no Backcover

All 3 same good quality.
Hope the replacement will be the same. I have damn pixel errors. This is the second phone that goes back to Nokia

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
I also have troubles. On the right corner on top it's blurry and blue. Removing the back help a lot.

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
I can't produce this effect. Never got it on pictures I've taken so voted no.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I think that there is couple of issues with this thread. Same kind of issues are with some bug reports.

We have people reporting
- Hazy images (top part)
- Green images (whole image)
- Blue images (whole image)

And probably all of them are because of different things. SO I have asked now couple of times to reproduce this top HAZE issue and only way I managed to reproduce it was with my hand (see post before). I get bit blueish pictures, but i DO not get top part hazey pictures so right now i would vote NO answering directly to question.

If I had taken 100 pictures and after watching them on my computer i noticed couple of them with haze on top would I remember that had I or not my hand or another object too close to flash from side? Probably NO! So I could answer YES but then again haze could be because of my own usage error.

I think that main problem here is blueish tint/haze that can be reproduced by backcover on/off AND it seems to effect WHOLE IMAGE not top corner.

I´m not saying that there is no issue I´m just trying to say that you have to be really really really specific with this.

Last edited by slender; 2010-01-26 at 16:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
to all who had voted no, it's not always very visable.

@joshua.maverick:
Maybe it's a good idea to make a quick tutorial to test if their N900 have this problem.
I can't imagine that there is a difference.
some photo's don't reveal the problem with me, but some do.
I made some photo's in a pub, terrible haze visible, so I'll back you up

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ germany, heidelberg
I'm speaking about hazy images:

I think i can reproduze this. Go into a dark room, put on the light. Make a photo so that between you and the object to photograph is the light of the ceiling.

For me it seems that light to the N900 reflects in the chrome ring.

So the haze comes more if flash is used because flash is used if you don't have the sun as light source. But the haze can also come without flash if sun light reflects on the chrome ring.

Sure, i'm puzzled...

Last edited by eMHa; 2010-01-26 at 19:56.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
and if you experience the haze, try making a new photo in the same conditions with the backcover off. that way you can tell for sure it's caused by the chrome ring.

Hope this is usefull Use a thin ear-cleaner cotton sticks or soft cotton to clean the sensor. This will have some improovement in quality when using flash.
In general cleaning this compact sensors from time to time is advisable. A fingerprint on the glass could dramatically decrease quality.

Last edited by AlexanderN; 2010-02-10 at 16:06.

My n900 had the same issue. The problem, i think, is the blue reflection of the lens cover in the silver external area. So what i did was simply put some small pieces of insulating tape around the corner of that shiny area, to avoid the reflection caused by the leds. And it worked!

Just a little side-note: it's maemo-freak.com